This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

CUSA baseball just got a huge shot in the arm with the announcement yesterday that Dallas Baptist is joining the league at the same time of us next season. They are D2 in everything but baseball where they have proven to a major DI program producing talent like Noah Syndergaard, Ben Zobrist & Freddy Sanchez. They are leaving the Missouri Valley Conference behind to hook up with our new friends. The core of DBU, La Tech and the Flames with rising programs like MTSU & Sam should make for a great baseball league.

If you have never heard of DBU, they are a relatively small school in Dallas that has produced Kari Jobe, GOP favorite Robert Jeffress and Fundy legend John R. Rice. Which of the three names connects most with you is telling as to your age.
ATrain liked this
This is definitely good news. It makes the top of the conference much stronger. A few weeks back in another thread I did the current RPI standings of our future home. Here is the updated standing as of today.
DBU-2
LU-40
LTU-42
MTSU-61
SHSU-136
JSU-160
FIU-210
WKU-214
NMSU-248
I'm a little surprised and disappointed with SHSU and FIU being so low, especially FIU, typically Texas and Florida are more of a baseball hotspot (although SHSU at 136 isn't too bad).
LUDad liked this
Sly Fox wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 9:41 am CUSA baseball just got a huge shot in the arm with the announcement yesterday that Dallas Baptist is joining the league at the same time of us next season. They are D2 in everything but baseball where they have proven to a major DI program producing talent like Noah Syndergaard, Ben Zobrist & Freddy Sanchez. They are leaving the Missouri Valley Conference behind to hook up with our new friends. The core of DBU, La Tech and the Flames with rising programs like MTSU & Sam should make for a great baseball league.

If you have never heard of DBU, they are a relatively small school in Dallas that has produced Kari Jobe, GOP favorite Robert Jeffress and Fundy legend John R. Rice. Which of the three names connects most with you is telling as to your age.
Looks like someone is going to be able to go to baseball games next year...
jmclaughlin liked this
Sly Fox wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 9:41 am CUSA baseball just got a huge shot in the arm with the announcement yesterday that Dallas Baptist is joining the league at the same time of us next season. They are D2 in everything but baseball where they have proven to a major DI program producing talent like Noah Syndergaard, Ben Zobrist & Freddy Sanchez. They are leaving the Missouri Valley Conference behind to hook up with our new friends. The core of DBU, La Tech and the Flames with rising programs like MTSU & Sam should make for a great baseball league.

Jeffress connects most with me, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I was in Dallas for a year and a half than my age :wink:
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]