This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We drop only one spot to #15 and all the way to #30 in the RPI.
Tuesday we get Wake Forest at home. They are currently unranked but are 16-4 and #16 in the RPI. These midweek ACC games are huge for our RPI.

This weekend we get Stetson visiting Lynchburg. They are #204 in the RPI 12-8 overall and 0-3 in ASUN after being swept by FGCU at home. They've got 5 guys hitting .300 or better with only 6 team homeruns but are 41-49 stealing bases.
Danny Garcia, their best arm, has a 2.08 ERA with a .88 WHIP. Also, has 35 Ks and no BBs in 26 innings.
jmclaughlin liked this
By LUDad
aredd33 wrote: March 21st, 2022, 1:45 pm We drop only one spot to #15 and all the way to #30 in the RPI.
Tuesday we get Wake Forest at home. They are currently unranked but are 16-4 and #16 in the RPI. These midweek ACC games are huge for our RPI.

This weekend we get Stetson visiting Lynchburg. They are #204 in the RPI 12-8 overall and 0-3 in ASUN after being swept by FGCU at home. They've got 5 guys hitting .300 or better with only 6 team homeruns but are 41-49 stealing bases.
Danny Garcia, their best arm, has a 2.08 ERA with a .88 WHIP. Also, has 35 Ks and no BBs in 26 innings.
WF is also averaging over 10 runs per game. I think we hold them to less than half their average. Going to be interesting tomorrow.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t know they were averaging over 10 a game but I did catch the game where they hung 27 on GT over the weekend…in a series where they took 2 of 3 from the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta.
This is a really good team.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I just did a little more research on the Wake Forest offense. They have 37 team homeruns and a .999!!!!!!!! team OPS. That's absolutely insane. For comparison we have 25 team homeruns and a .820 team OPS.
And just to compare ourselves to Stetson's 41 stolen bases we have 15.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Wake is crazy good.
No way they should be unranked. Much better than us.
TH Spangler liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
After the 11-1 start we are 3-4.
Let’s hope 11-1 more closely resembles who we really are and we get out of this funk soon.
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
4 pitches in and we already look pathetic defensively.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 25th, 2022, 6:06 pm Jackson shaking things up a bit, putting OrndorfF in the leadoff slot.
Hopefully Betts is okay. Losing him long term would be very difficult to overcome.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
1-1 after 2 innings. I don’t think a lot more runs will be scored. It seems both pitchers have figured out it’s not necessary to throw the ball over the plate to get a called strike.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Three Hillier walks it off in the 9th for a 4-3 win but more importantly Orndorff was hit by a pitch in the head.
After a few minutes on the ground he was helped off the field but was very wobbly and unable to walk on his on.
flamehunter, alabama24 liked this
By tyndal23
aredd33 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 9:06 pm Three Hillier walks it off in the 9th for a 4-3 win but more importantly Orndorff was hit by a pitch in the head.
After a few minutes on the ground he was helped off the field but was very wobbly and unable to walk on his on.
That was scary for a few seconds...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 9:06 pm more importantly Orndorff was hit by a pitch in the head.
I was listening to a book at the game when it happened. Even with my noise cancelling headphones it was loud and scary.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 11:06 pm with my noise cancelling headphones
I thought only Ballcoach wore those! :oldhag
ballcoach15, alabama24 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 7:15 am
JK37 wrote: March 26th, 2022, 7:06 am Out of curiosity, Ballcoach. Do you like organ music at baseball stadiums?
No, only music that should be at ballpark is national anthem.
This is the exact type of statement that has made you a lightning rod for criticism/derision on this board.

You could have said "The only music I like to hear at the ballpark is the national anthem" and most of us would be fine with that. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

By trying to tell us how things should and should not be, you are discounting the opinion of everyone who has a different opinion (much like the political woke mob).

How things "should" be done is based on what most people like. If most people felt like you, we would not have music in the ballpark. We do. There is a reason for that. Live with it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame, you said in previous post that there's a reason for it, thus I assumed you were saying it's needed. Personally I think it's annoying, just like Andre screaming at basketball games.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]