This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We've moved up to number 14 this week with a tough week ahead. Tuesday we host the #14 Tar Heels and then Campbell comes to Lynchburg this weekend.
UNC is 11-1 and although Campbell is only 5-7 I think they are a pretty good team. By no means will this be an easy series against them.
I'm really looking forward to this weeks matchups as UNC is our first real test since the Gators.
TH Spangler, Baybird, Sly Fox and 2 others liked this
By tyndal23
Great to see an actual crowd there. They sounded very loud on tv. Guessing the 16 Sears front and center belong to Prez ? Those need to be filled, not sitting empty...or is it another case of out of state ticket holder that never comes...one section had a single person in UNC gear...I thought BC would have trained the ushers better...
By Ill flame
That was some well played baseball. Both of these teams wouldnt look out of place in Omaha this year. The sold out crowd really helped make this game feel like a big deal. I wish we could do that more often.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Harrington will be a handful. 0 runs and 13ks (Ap State), 1 run and 9 Ks (Ohio State), and 1 run 11Ks Maryland. Last year gave up 1 run against us with 6Ks.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
They also have a very good shortstop.
This will be two tough games. Saturday was cancelled and they’ll have very good starters for Friday and Sunday.
Harrington is dominate 0.45 WHIP and a .104 BAA.
Kuehler has an 0.62 WHIP and an .078 BAA.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: March 10th, 2022, 2:54 pm They also have a very good shortstop.
This will be two tough games. Saturday was cancelled and they’ll have very good starters for Friday and Sunday.
Harrington is dominate 0.45 WHIP and a .104 BAA.
Kuehler has an 0.62 WHIP and an .078 BAA.
🐫's enjoying a HR derby today 8)
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Harrington and Neto as good as advertised. Liberty getting dump trucked at the moment.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Can’t win ‘em all. Got our butts kicked today. Neto and Harrington are the real deal.
No worries, let’s start another 11 game win streak Sunday.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: March 10th, 2022, 2:36 pm Harrington will be a handful. 0 runs and 13ks (Ap State), 1 run and 9 Ks (Ohio State), and 1 run 11Ks Maryland. Last year gave up 1 run against us with 6Ks.
Kuehler will be a handful as well. He's Harrington with a mid to upper 90s fastball.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: March 11th, 2022, 8:56 pm
Chippy wrote: March 10th, 2022, 2:36 pm Harrington will be a handful. 0 runs and 13ks (Ap State), 1 run and 9 Ks (Ohio State), and 1 run 11Ks Maryland. Last year gave up 1 run against us with 6Ks.
Kuehler will be a handful as well. He's Harrington with a mid to upper 90s fastball.
Yeah, he’ll definitely be a problem.
I’m certainly not in panic mode yet, with only run 1 in our last 2 games, but the offense is a bit concerning I think.
We rely too heavily on just a couple of guys and it also seems we’ve been too home run reliant early on. Orndorff obviously can’t keep up the hr pace he’s been on and I’ve said this already but the second half of our lineup poses almost no threat.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Best part of the game was the concessions: I got a super-sized grilled hot dog and a large root beer for only 5 bucks! :shock:
ballcoach15, rtb72 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 11th, 2022, 9:10 pm Best part of the game was the concessions: I got a super-sized grilled hot dog and a large root beer for only 5 bucks! :shock:
I’ve had the same before. I love the big wiener!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, how does this 7-0 loss to the Camels compare to the softball team's loss to Chuck South? :dontgetit
olldflame liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2022, 9:29 am No comparison. Everyone knew Camels had good pitcher.
This is correct, which does not change how ridiculous the original assertion that the softball loss to CSU was Liberty's worst ever was.
BTW, Campbell's #2 starter is almost as good.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 12th, 2022, 7:02 am
I’ve had the same before. I love the big wiener!
DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST POST THAT

your poor wife

Suggest you don’t run around south jersey yelling that
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Scoreless after one. Keuhler is every bit as good if not better than Harrington. These will probably be the 2 best pitchers we see all year. Add in the shortstop Neto and it’s 3 of the top players we’ll see.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]