This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We move up 1 spot to number 20 with 4 winnable games this week. Tuesday against our old Big South friends at Radford and then our three games weekend series with Canisus in Lynchburg.
Its really important to win these types of games for our RPI late in the season to try for a 2 seed in a regional or perhaps host one (it's way to early to talk about hosting a regional I think...even though this team seems like it could be a special one). Losing to RPIs 150+ can be huge later on.
Baybird liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The Radford athletics page has a really cool feature. Has a section to see the history against each opponent on their schedule. Among many other stats it says we are 69-39 all time against them. I wish we had something similar to that.
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The good news…we win easily 11-3.
The potentially worrying news…all 10 of our hits and all 11 RBI come from 1 through 4 in the lineup.
The bottom half of our lineup will have to produce this year for us to finally make a Super.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Certainly wasn’t our best game of the year but we won and the pitching was great.
flamehunter, I’m not sure that’s a decent team. They seem pretty weak to me honestly. But time will tell. Maybe they’ll win their conference.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: March 4th, 2022, 7:39 pm Certainly wasn’t our best game of the year but we won and the pitching was great.
flamehunter, I’m not sure that’s a decent team. They seem pretty weak to me honestly. But time will tell. Maybe they’ll win their conference.
Duffy was almost unhittable. We scratched out a few runs (on 5 hits) but he had 8 SOs in 5 innings and their hitting is solid, fortunately all singles. They took 2 of 3 last time they were in town with us winning the Sunday game in extras. They may win their conference.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:15 pm
aredd33 wrote: March 4th, 2022, 7:39 pm Certainly wasn’t our best game of the year but we won and the pitching was great.
Duffy was almost unhittable. We scratched out a few runs (on 5 hits) but he had 8 SOs in 5 innings and their hitting is solid, fortunately all singles. They took 2 of 3 last time they were in town with us winning the Sunday game in extras. They may win their conference.
Yes, Duffy did pitch very well and a lot of our hitters were kept off balance.
I only watched 6 or 7 innings. Didn’t get to watch it all but I know the run scored because of a catcher’s interference and an error and the rest of the game they had very very few hard hit balls. Even on the hits.
As far as the last series I don’t think anything that happened in 2018 is any indication on whether this is a good Canisius team.
By Ill flame
Foster must not be able to hit a curveball because that's all pitchers are throwing at him. That explains his hot start as a freshman before struggling this series. The bottom of the order is really struggling it seems.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The bottom half of our order is seems like it might be an issue. Virtually all of our production comes from 1-4. That can’t happen with great teams.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 3:24 pm Orndorff, 8th HR in 1st, 3 run shot.
Anyone know the single season LU record?
By Ill flame
That record is surprisingly low considering several guys hit 40+ with the old bats before the current bbcor standard was adopted. Even now there are several people every year hitting 20+
By LUDad
Better results than #8 NC State losing 2 straight at home to Northeastern
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Pat had Popeye arms and other teams would pitch around him constantly. And I will even suggest that today's strike zone is significantly tighter than the guys back in the day faced. Just giving some perspective that I suspect SumItUp can expound upon based on his POV back in his playing days.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I smell something special here. Something like last year's field hockey run! This is a good looking team. Pitchers win championships and scoring a lot of runs dosen't hurt.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Legit chance to host a regional this year. Really all we need to see more from is mathieu and the maj/keeter combo. Pitching wise we need to see gibby and alba consistently go 5 or 6 consistently.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
More weak contact resulting in 2 hits and a very ticky tack balk call gives Canisius a 2-0 lead after 1.
With the quality of contact this team makes it’s mind boggling to me they’ve scored 6 runs so far this series.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: March 6th, 2022, 1:34 pm Legit chance to host a regional this year. Really all we need to see more from is mathieu and the maj/keeter combo. Pitching wise we need to see gibby and alba consistently go 5 or 6 consistently.
Consistently.
By LUDad
LUDad wrote: March 5th, 2022, 9:06 pm
Better results than #8 NC State losing 2 straight at home to Northeastern
After slaughtering teams in first part of season #8 ncstate is about to lose 4 straight, 3 to Northeastern. Can't assume any game is a given win.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Orndorff is unbelievable right now. Homers 9 and 10 today.
By LUDad
tarhills going into extra innigs against Coastal. Hoping for a very long game with win by tarhills after burning through their bullpen.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: March 6th, 2022, 5:37 pm tarhills going into extra innigs against Coastal. Hoping for a very long game with win by tarhills after burning through their bullpen.
That’s what I’m watching right now. About 17 innings wouldn’t hurt my feelings.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]