This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Good start to today’s game against the Aggies. It’s 4-0 good guys in the 4th inning.

We’ve got 3 this weekend against Winthrop. I don’t what to expect from them. Maybe they are as good as their glory days when we were conference mates in the Big South? Who knows. I feel like we shouldn’t have too much of an issue with them though.
By Ill flame
Winthrop won 2 of 3 against the fighting emus of Eastern Michigan last weekend and then lost to South Carolina yesterday. At a minimum we should win 2 of 3 this weekend.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
6-1 good guys are up bottom 6.
Lazaro (spelling?) was scratched due to a sore back. Hopefully he just needs a day or two.
Orndorff with his 4th HR of the season already. Early on here he’s been the only consistent contributor in the bottom half of the order.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We improve to 4-1. Logan Mathieu is a black hole offensively at the moment.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: February 25th, 2022, 7:50 pm We improve to 4-1. Logan Mathieu is a black hole offensively at the moment.
This is a solid team! Great start! Agreed on Mathieu. Unfortunately, has been that way most of his career. Anyone else we can plug in at first base?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I don’t know. Just gotta think Jackson wants that power threat in the lineup or there is just no one else to play.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
He is a very good defensive first baseman. If he doesn't get a hit the rest of the season, we have enough hitters/offense, to get the job done.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Team is looking really well. Kudos to Jackson and staff for recruiting and developing some dudes. Mathieu 2-4 today. Hopefully, he can keep it going!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We just need mathieu to play good D hit .240 and hit double digit dingers and have around .275 obp and we will be good provided we stay healthy.

Pitching and D is going to keep us in every game.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]