This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know why Delaite didn't start today? It's just one day shorter rest than normal. Anyway we are down 2-0 after 3 batters with no one out to start the game today.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Anybody else having issues with their ESPN+ stream? I try to watch but it says I need to sign up but I look at my account and my ESPN+ account is active until the end of the year. I am just curious if it is just me or not. It is just my PC though, works fine on my phone. Weird.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
So we get out of the first with only 2 runs scoring. I'm really scratching my head here on the decision to start Cumming who started Saturday against Bellarmine. So that leaves me to believe it isn't a rest issue keeping Delaite out today and there are two reasons I can think of to not pitch him. 1 being an injury. 2 saving your better arm for later which I really disagree with. Not an elimination game today but still if Delaite is healthy I feel like he should be out there. Maybe there is more going on that I don't know about :dontgetit
By LU 57
thepostman wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:19 am Anybody else having issues with their ESPN+ stream? I try to watch but it says I need to sign up but I look at my account and my ESPN+ account is active until the end of the year. I am just curious if it is just me or not. It is just my PC though, works fine on my phone. Weird.
I had an issue the other day with my TV that sounds similar. I googled it and it turned out I had to link my subscription to my ESPN account. I believe I did this in the mobile app but I am not 100% sure. Regardless, it was definitely in settings.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 12:58 pm
thepostman wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:19 am Anybody else having issues with their ESPN+ stream? I try to watch but it says I need to sign up but I look at my account and my ESPN+ account is active until the end of the year. I am just curious if it is just me or not. It is just my PC though, works fine on my phone. Weird.
I had an issue the other day with my TV that sounds similar. I googled it and it turned out I had to link my subscription to my ESPN account. I believe I did this in the mobile app but I am not 100% sure. Regardless, it was definitely in settings.
I had to contact customer service and they had to correct something on their end and then it was good. So who knows.
LU 57 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
How do you get picked off third base and don't even slide going back into the base? Someone missed a sign or something. Didn't appear the batter thought it was a suicide squeeze. Long way back from the losers bracket.
That field is a s-hole. Played on lots better ones in high school.
jinxy, LUOrange liked this
By LU 57
flameshaw wrote: May 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm How do you get picked off third base and don't even slide going back into the base? Someone missed a sign or something. Didn't appear the batter thought it was a suicide squeeze. Long way back from the losers bracket.
That was ugly.
LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, we are going to have to do it the hard way and win this thing from the "loser's bracket". Down 2-1 with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out, our most experienced player (Locklear) gets picked off of 3rd. :roll:
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
What a pathetic performance. I can't imagine we get an at-large now. Horrific loss. Haven't looked at the RPI yet but I'm assuming it's far away the worst loss of the season.
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote:What a pathetic performance. I can't imagine we get an at-large now. Horrific loss. Haven't looked at the RPI yet but I'm assuming it's far away the worst loss of the season.
I was wrong. Just checked the Bellarmine game early in the season was worse. But that gives us two 200+ losses this year.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 27th, 2021, 1:54 pm Well, we are going to have to do it the hard way and win this thing from the "loser's bracket". Down 2-1 with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out, our most experienced player (Locklear) gets picked off of 3rd. :roll:
And he was the tying run, with only one out. smh. Bush.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:11 pm I'm assuming it's far away the worst loss of the season.
I'm waiting for Ballcoach to say that it's the worst loss in the history of LU baseball. Crybaby :banghead :frustrated
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 5:14 pm Looks as if we left our bats in Lynchburg

⚾️
“Dynamite analysis. BC. I can see Cider’s journalism lessons really paying off!”
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: May 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm How do you get picked off third base and don't even slide going back into the base? Someone missed a sign or something. Didn't appear the batter thought it was a suicide squeeze. Long way back from the losers bracket.
That was such a weird sequence. Completely changed the inning and ultimately the game.

Team was really just going through the motions and that won't get it done. Really hoping they bounce back because an at large is probably out at this point.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Knew Jacksonville was going to be a tough matchup. They're playing much better than their record indicates. Still think at large is in play. However, we should take care of business anyway. Have to score runs to win. Campbell just got hosed in their first game. Charlotte lost two games in their tourney. Tourneys are not necessarily an indicator of the best team, especially in baseball. Seems that smaller conferences would be better served to award bids to regular season champions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 28th, 2021, 6:49 am On the bright side, our baserunning wasn't THIS boneheaded :lol:

Look! Cubs lead the Division!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:03 am That's not bad baserunning. That's horrible decision making by the first baseman.
Obviously, I was just saying at least our poor baserunning wasn't a bad as that monstrosity. :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The play at first base is a force out by touching the bag. Why try to tag the runner? :dontgetit

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]