This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We win 6-0 in the early game. What Delaite has done to KSU this year is almost comical. 3 games, 27 innings, and 1 run.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Things get interesting now, especially with Gibson unlikely to go this weekend. Mason Meyer likely gets the start tonight. After that, who knows.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: May 28th, 2021, 1:40 pm Things get interesting now, especially with Gibson unlikely to go this weekend. Mason Meyer likely gets the start tonight. After that, who knows.
Johnny Wholestaff?

(My favorite Dad-ism)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Embarrassing that the Big South is playing their tourney in a MUCH nicer facility than the ASUN. Don't know where they are playing, but it looks like a minor league park, instead of the lousy high school field we are playing on.
LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
4-4 tie with 2 outs in the 9th. Not sure who we want to play tonight. Hope it goes at least 12 innings.
By LUOrange
flameshaw wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:35 pm Embarrassing that the Big South is playing their tourney in a MUCH nicer facility than the ASUN. Don't know where they are playing, but it looks like a minor league park, instead of the lousy high school field we are playing on.
You don't like our guys playing on a Dixie Youth field nestled within the beautiful confines of an industrial park?
Just John, LU 57 liked this
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: May 28th, 2021, 1:40 pm Things get interesting now, especially with Gibson unlikely to go this weekend. Mason Meyer likely gets the start tonight. After that, who knows.
Willard and Hand are both viable options. Like our pitching depth better than either Jacksonville or UNF.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jacksonville advances with an extra inning WIN. Next up, LU and North Florida.
By LU 57
LUOrange wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:45 pm
flameshaw wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:35 pm Embarrassing that the Big South is playing their tourney in a MUCH nicer facility than the ASUN. Don't know where they are playing, but it looks like a minor league park, instead of the lousy high school field we are playing on.
You don't like our guys playing on a Dixie Youth field nestled within the beautiful confines of an industrial park?
Complete dog track. So bad. The ASUN office should be totally embarrassed. The broadcast is almost as bad. Ugh. Hate being so negative, but have to call them as I see them.
LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:52 pm
Complete dog track. So bad. The ASUN office should be totally embarrassed. The broadcast is almost as bad. Ugh. Hate being so negative, but have to call them as I see them.
Agree, the announces are bush league too. Horrible.
LUOrange liked this
By LU 57
flameshaw wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:02 pm
LU 57 wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:52 pm

Agree, the announces are bush league too. Horrible.
Broadcaster said, “No one is up and throwing...”, as the broadcast literally showed someone up and throwing in our pen 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡
By LU 57
Just John wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:24 pm Gave up on the ESPN crew and listening to the LU audio. He calls a good game.
I tried that, but Nick’s broadcast was in and out.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:27 pm
Just John wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:24 pm Gave up on the ESPN crew and listening to the LU audio. He calls a good game.
I tried that, but Nick’s broadcast was in and out.
Bummer. Has been clear for me all game....well except for when the power went out.
By tyndal23
thepostman wrote: May 28th, 2021, 10:15 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:45 pm
thepostman wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:41 pm So power went out at the ballpark???

Classy.
We’re making fun of a city wide power outage?
I wasn't aware. Thanks for clearing up for me in the nicest way possible. :D

My bad.
I see your point and Carone’s point and I am not changing my mind. It is the prettiest Big Blue Wall in FL and really makes the players feel safe with all the chain link fence, especially when it goes dark. ASUN was definitely putting players safety first. Commendable...
LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is and I allowed that fact to jump to conclusions. I shouldn't have.

Good news is, we advance to live another day.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]