This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Great game, great night for some baseball. It's always nice to quiet the Hokie fans in attendance. This team is really good, maybe the best in school history. We are in serious consideration as an at large if we don't win the ASUN Tournament. Depending on how the rest of the season plays out, maybe we could be in play for a 2-seed??
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:15 pm Fun to watch this team. Hope to do so in person before the season is up, but am waiting for the students to leave campus.
I lied. I got tickets for Duke on Tuesday and am taking my boys. Go Flames!
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY DEFEATS NO. 12 VIRGINIA TECH, 8-2, TUESDAY NIGHT

Liberty baseball picked up a big win for its resume on Tuesday night at Liberty Baseball Stadium in Lynchburg, Virginia as the Flames defeated No. 12 Virginia Tech, 8-2. With the win, Liberty improves to 21-8 overall and has a 4-1 mark against ACC opponents while the Hokies fall to 19-10 on the season. The Flames are also 14-0 at home this season and have won 16 consecutive home contests.

Dylan Cumming was handed the ball to start the game for the first time as a Liberty Flame and he did not disappoint. The Chicago State transfer picked up the win, his first decision with the Flames, as he pitched 6 innings while allowing 2 runs on 5 hits. He began the 7th inning on the mind after only allowing 1 hit and pitching a shutout through the first 6 frames before the Hokies began to find their rhythm against the right hander.

Cumming entered the game with an 11.45 ERA and had not pitched since March 30th against Duke in Durham, North Carolina. He had just three previous appearances this season as he had pitched 11 innings and allowed 14 runs.

Click Here For More
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
I am looking forward to watching a game in person as well. Got tickets for CCU game two Saturday's from now. This team is a legit regional contender.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Dominating performance! Coach Jackson has the team playing really well. Have enjoyed watching them this season. Betts and Anderson are tough outs. Defense looked solid, save for Locklear. Go Flames!
thepostman liked this
By LU 57
LU Grad 11 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 6:39 pm Dominating performance! Coach Jackson has the team playing really well. Have enjoyed watching them this season. Betts and Anderson are tough outs. Defense looked solid, save for Locklear. Go Flames!
Locklear had a couple of tough plays, but he is normally rock solid at short. Only has 3 errors on the year, including last night.

https://www.liberty.edu/wwwadmin/global ... -13-21.pdf

Going to be really cool to watch this team in the ASUN and NCAA tournaments (going to happen) with all of the pitching depth.
thepostman liked this
By AFF
LU Grad 11 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 6:39 pm Dominating performance! Coach Jackson has the team playing really well. Have enjoyed watching them this season. Betts and Anderson are tough outs. Defense looked solid, save for Locklear. Go Flames!
Man, do you have any idea have many runs Lock has saved over the years? Don’t forget he was voted Preseason Defensive player of the year by the coaches in the conference for a reason. Not only him but Guy and Wilson among others have made plays, robbed hits , and kept tons of runs off the board we will never know about. . Guy can bat .150 but his defense has won us more games this year than if he hit .300 without the highlight reels IMO (would be great to have both :D )Defensive studs never gets the credit when it comes to accolades. But the more I watch college baseball the more I’m convinced Pitching and Defense will always win more games than Offense.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]