This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jweaks wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:57 pm Wright St choked big time.
Of course, Ballcoach would say that Tennessee "got lucky." :oldhag
By LUDad
Cider Jim wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:29 pm
jweaks wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:57 pm Wright St choked big time.
Of course, Ballcoach would say that Tennessee "got lucky." :oldhag
Other pitcher was doing a decent job. I think coach managed himself out of a win.
jweaks liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Already 5-0 Vols in the 2nd inning. :shock:
By LU 57
TH Spangler wrote: June 5th, 2021, 6:47 pm Feel like I'm watching a homerun derby 🤔
I said the same thing. Ugh.

Hopefully, we can gain a little momentum so that we are not totally demoralized going into tomorrow.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
That place is a launching pad. Only 320 down the line. I have hit softballs further than that. Plus with it being hot and high humidity, it makes it even smaller.
LU 57 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Reminding me at the moment of the Duke game when we tore it up in the first few innings and went cold and they started coming back. Hope for better results than Duke had.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: June 5th, 2021, 8:06 pm That place is a launching pad. Only 320 down the line. I have hit softballs further than that. Plus with it being hot and high humidity, it makes it even smaller.
Not a big deal when you were using a Freak or Supermax.

:lol: :wink:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That was a HORRIBLE call! And the ump doubled-down and tossed SJ. That's a bad call and worse game management.

Really quick Strike 3 call, maybe anticipating? And MAYBE he didn’t check his swing. But if so, just say so. But to me. That appeared to be an ump second-guessing his own call, feeling vulnerable and not wanting to be exposed. In that moment, you have to eat it, and let SJ get a little of his in. You NEVER make a bad situation worse by running the manager for questioning a call that your sour self are questioning in your own head!!!

Incredibly poor game management. Umps like that shouldn’t be in situations like these.
Last edited by JK37 on June 5th, 2021, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SumItUp, LUOrange, LU 57 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 8:22 pm That was a HORRIBLE call! And the ump doubled-down and tossed SJ. That's a bad call and worse game management.
Ump has a quick trigger. It's not Billy Martin kick dirt on him or something. He just ask if it was a swing or call strike :dontgetit
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 5th, 2021, 8:28 pm
JK37 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 8:22 pm That was a HORRIBLE call! And the ump doubled-down and tossed SJ. That's a bad call and worse game management.
Ump has a quick trigger. It's not Billy Martin kick dirt on him or something. He just ask if it was a swing or call strike :dontgetit
You don’t argue balls and strikes. That’s a hard rule. But SJ and the batter had legitimate reason to simply ask was the call a strike or a check swing that didn’t check. After no appeal to 3B Umpire, it’s a perfectly fair question. And he could’ve handled that SO much better. Get a little closer to SJ and answer him once, THEN if he persists you could run him. Blue didn’t even give him that chance. I cannot BELIEVE an ump assigned to this kind of game makes that kind of poor move.

Completely changed the game. For no good reason. A good ump never wants to be the story. This guy is a chump.
LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I would love nothing more than to beat UT tonight.

Even without a win, I’m thrilled with making the final in the hardest regional in the country.

Finishing the season in the top 32 is a great place to be.

And beating the ACC champ to get there is strong.
Just John, LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, I hope we save some offense for later tonight! Great win for sure.

Like Jon said, win or lose tonight, I'm really proud of this group.

With the said, let's keep winning :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:33 pm So assuming we get three more outs, who is the starter in the second game?
According to the lineups posted on live stats, we are Starting Ellard, but you might as well just say it's a guy named A.H.O.D.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
These Liberty Tennessee match-ups are starting to feel personal :lol: Our softball eliminated theirs, SJ got tossed last night and they want our football coach but can't have him :lol: I hope we Aggravate them a little more tonight. :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on June 6th, 2021, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]