This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:30 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: May 31st, 2021, 12:46 pm I told the "Ole Men's Club" 2 days ago that we'll go to Tennessee.
I love how Ballcoach tells us this AFTER the fact. :lol:
I have been too busy with 🥎 to barely think about ⚾️. I had forgotten about selection show today until someone called and asked if I was watching it. But if you do your research, you will discover I was correct.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
According to my memory, only 6 schools made a bowl game, and NCAA tournament in basketball, baseball and softball, this school year:

Liberty
Alabama
Florida
Oklahoma State
Oregon
Texas
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 31st, 2021, 9:07 pm According to my memory, only 6 schools made a bowl game, and NCAA tournament in basketball, baseball and softball, this school year:

Liberty
Alabama
Florida
Oklahoma State
Oregon
Texas
I'm going to call :BS on the "according to my memory" part. You took Manson's list, checked to see who didn't make the softball tournament, and crossed off N Carolina.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:58 pm But if you do your research, you will discover I was correct.
TF confirms that Ballcoach is correct. :shock: The title Prophet Ballcoach still stands!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 31st, 2021, 9:52 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:58 pm But if you do your research, you will discover I was correct.
TF confirms that Ballcoach is correct. :shock: The title Prophet Ballcoach still stands!
Talk about shaky sources.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
No one is questioning the accuracy of the list, just the silly claim that you conveniently came up with it from "memory" about an hour after Manson posted his list, which did not include softball. I'll concede the possibility that you are obsessed enough with softball that you did not need to check to see that N Carolina was the outlier. Otherwise, it was Joe Biden scale plagiarism .
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 1st, 2021, 10:28 am No plagiarism involved
🥎⚾️🏈🏀
If the same information can be found in 5 or more sources, it is considered "common knowledge" and NOT plagiarism.
Olldflame, do you seriously think ASOR's list of teams was wholly original with them, or did they "plagiarize" it from another source? :dontgetit
By jmclaughlin
I like our draw. I can easily see Tennessee losing their 1st game vs. Wright State (highest scoring offense in the country). We already know Duke. Nothing special but they are playing their best ball now. For what it is worth, ACC was not strong this year.
Biggest question is how we manage our arms. I am going to guess we throw Delaite in game 1 and play as the dog in every game after?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 1st, 2021, 12:21 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 1st, 2021, 10:28 am No plagiarism involved
🥎⚾️🏈🏀
If the same information can be found in 5 or more sources, it is considered "common knowledge" and NOT plagiarism.
Olldflame, do you seriously think ASOR's list of teams was wholly original with them, or did they "plagiarize" it from another source? :dontgetit

I'm not referring to it in the academic sense Cider, and would absolutely defer to your expertise there. I would have had no issue if he had simply posted the list without comment, but when he for some reason felt the need to add "according to my memory", I think my initial description was accurate, which was:
:BS
thesportscritic liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach's "memory" was probably just something that he remembered reading. :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: June 1st, 2021, 7:25 am Otherwise, it was Joe Biden scale plagiarism .
Well that’s who he voted for. And we’ve determined he’s a flaming liberal. So... the math adds up
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
First round game against Duke begins in 20 minutes and can be watched on the ACC Network.

What an accomplishment by HCSJ and squad that they easily received an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. Even with 4 conference favorites being upset, the Liberty selection was not one of the last 4 in. I believe this is the first at-large for Liberty to any NCAA national tournament in any sport.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The 3 run homer by Gulakowski makes it 5-1 Flames! Perfect time for one of Delates patented super-efficient sub-100 pitch complete games, and it looks like he is well on his way to do it. A CG could really help with Gibson out. Set us up to go with "staff" for a game.
Just John liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Just throwing this out there....

With a 11-1 early lead do you think about pulling Dilates and saving his arm for next game. Very few pitches this game so far.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]