This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: June 4th, 2021, 1:15 pm Just throwing this out there....

With a 11-1 early lead do you think about pulling Dilates and saving his arm for next game. Very few pitches this game so far.
beat me to it. 8) It has to cross your mind. he has thrown 34 pitches, which would certainly allow him to go again this weekend.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A 22 pitch 4th inning pretty much rules out Trevor pitching again in the regional. Now, he will need to get some low pitch outs the rest of the way to get the CG.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: June 4th, 2021, 1:23 pm Nick adressed this on air and said that Trevor is a pitcher that needs full rest between outings, so it won't happen.
Thanks. I'm watching at work and too hard to sync up Nick with the TV. :)
By jweaks
I thought we would be ready for Dook.

Killin' it!
LU 57 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A 6 pitch 7th inning for Trevor keeps the possibility of the CG open. He is at 97. Another possibility is that with a big lead, if we need to pull him we can maybe get an inning or so out of someone who normally would not pitch in post season.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:2 HBP and 2 singles have led to 2 runs for Duke in the 8th with 2 outs. Maybe went a bit too long with Delaite?
Probably so. I don't think we wanted to go the bullpen. Which is understandable.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
I hate to see a team we are getting ready to play win their game like that. Talk about momentum and believing they can do anything...

Go Flames!
By LUDad
Just John wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:33 pm I hate to see a team we are getting ready to play win their game like that. Talk about momentum and believing they can do anything...

Go Flames!
I like to think that this game sets them up for an emotional letdown. :D
stokesjokes, LUOrange liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:36 pm
Just John wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:33 pm I hate to see a team we are getting ready to play win their game like that. Talk about momentum and believing they can do anything...

Go Flames!
I like to think that this game sets them up for an emotional letdown. :D
I certainly hope you are the correct one.

(I'm an LA Angels fan so used to looking at the glass half-empty).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]