This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NCAA schools are being invited to bid to host Regional baseball and softball tournaments, as a safeguard against COVID 19. NCAA is moving away from previous sites going to the Top 16 seeds.
If LU submits a bid, I think we might get 1. Our facilities are better than most.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure we would put in a bid and we do have nice facilities for sure. I could see it possibly happening but I'm sure other programs will be putting in bids as well that will be very competitive.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:20 pm I'm sure we would put in a bid and we do have nice facilities for sure. I could see it possibly happening but I'm sure other programs will be putting in bids as well that will be very competitive.
I wonder if $$$$$$ "will talk" ?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This isn't the FCS playoffs. Our money isn't going to intimidate other schools fro baseball regionals. And if attendance is limited, the value of the regionals automatically drops. If the NCAA has bids from states where full attendance is allowed it will most certainly be considered more attractive than limited attendance.

The other factor is that schools who are not likely to be selected for the field are highly unlikely to put in a bed. Nothing sadder than an empty stadium of random other teams on your campus.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Since we are on the topic of postseason play, here are some current projections.

LIBERTY BASEBALL MAKES NCAA PROJECTIONS

Liberty baseball is currently 18-8 on the season and 5-1 in ASUN play, and the Flames’ strong start has them receiving some national attention. The Flames currently find themselves in D1 Baseball’s projected NCAA Tournament field.

The Flames are pegged as receiving the ASUN’s automatic bid by the publication and receiving a 3-seed in the Columbia regional where No. 1 seed and the No. 13 overall team South Carolina would be the host. Liberty is facing No. 2 seed Georgia Tech with 4-seed USC Upstate rounding out the region in the projection.

A couple of familiar opponents from this season are also in the projected field with TCU being placed as the No. 3 overall team and North Carolina receiving a 2-seed.

Click Here For More
ballcoach15 liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY BASEBALL PROJECTED AS ONE OF THE LAST FOUR TEAMS IN FIELD

Following Liberty’s sweep of Lipscomb by a combined score of 27-6 in the three game series this past weekend and knocking off No. 12 Virginia Tech, 8-2, on Tuesday, the Flames are now being projected on the right side of the bubble in Baseball America’s most recent projected NCAA Tournament field. With the wins, the Flames have improved to 22-8 overall and 8-1 in ASUN play with an RPI of 34.

A week ago, Liberty was projected as one of the first four out of the field, but the four wins this week, especially beating the Hokies who are likely a No. 1 seed, have pushed the Flames into the field as the last team receiving an at-large bid in the Baseball America projection. The last four teams in the field according to this projection are Liberty, Dallas Baptist, LSU, and UC Santa Barbara. The first four out are Kentucky, Indiana, Virginia, and fellow ASUN member FGCU.

Baseball America continues to project Stetson as receiving the ASUN’s automatic bid and receiving a No. 3 seed in the Fayetteville, Arkansas regional with the No. 1 overall seed Arkansas as well as No. 2 seed Nebraska and No. 4 seed Florida A&M. The Hatters are currently 19-10 overall and 5-1 in ASUN play with an RPI of 94.

Click Here For More
stokesjokes liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:46 am Well, you certainly get quick service around here :lol:
If you had read TH's link above you would have seen that projection putting us in as an at large. I think they still have us under-valued as one of the last four in. But if we just keep winning, that should take care of any doubt.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I saw that, I just wasn’t sure of our status because I didn’t see another ASun team in the projection on first glance, even though we weren’t asterisked.

The rub, though, is for us to be an at-large team that means losing in the ASun tourney to lesser teams, which could hurt our bid, right?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
For whatever reason they have picked Stetson to win the conference tournament even though our RPI is quite a bit higher. May have something to do with the tournament being closer to home for them? Fortunately these projections have no bearing on actual results other than to possibly motivate our guys to prove them wrong. I like our chances with the way we've been playing.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
What about the quarterfinals locations in the ASUN tournament. Is Liberty a possibility?

EDIT: I think I received bad info. :(
Last edited by alabama24 on April 30th, 2021, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LUDad
I know everyone has his on style but noticed that Guy holds the nob of the bat in the middle of his palm. Seems with his struggles at the plate that he may have more control of the bat if he tried a more traditional grip.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We get the win 5-2. Delaite with the W and Ellard picks up a save, but threw 56 pitches in his 2 innings, so he is almost certainly done for the series.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We have opened up a 6-2 lead in the 7th and still have the bases loaded with 1 out. Cumming has only thrown 67 pitches in his 7 innings, so he could go the distance if he can stay out of trouble.
By jweaks
Tennessee is a beast this year, but this is a pretty good bracket for LU. I think we'll take care of business against Dook.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I told the "Ole Men's Club" 2 days ago that we'll go to Tennessee. In this entire bracket, Duke may have been team that got shafted the most. Heck, they were ACC Champions.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 31st, 2021, 12:46 pm I told the "Ole Men's Club" 2 days ago that we'll go to Tennessee.
I love how Ballcoach tells us this AFTER the fact. :lol:
thepostman liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]