This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmclaughlin
Roll call...who is going to be in attendance for the Frogs-Flames series this weekend?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Looking unlikely for me as I deal with the damage left behind from this past week. But if I can somehow swing the trip I will.
jmclaughlin liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I had planned to go, but after the ice and snow last week I decided to find a warmer location for this week. Sorry, I’m out. Thanks for the BBQ offer.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
By sheer coincidence, the regional homeschool basketball tournament is in DFW this weekend at the Fieldhouse USAs in Frisco & Grapevine as well as MAC Sports in Lewisville. It has historically always beeen split between Fort Worth's Game On and Fieldhouse USA in Mansfield. That's another excuse for me to possibly make the run. Our kids' organization, Salt+Light, has a great shot at sweeping both varsity boys and girls and we know all the kids and their families.
jmclaughlin, LU 57 liked this
By LUDad
Sly Fox wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:36 am By sheer coincidence, the regional homeschool basketball tournament is in DFW this weekend at the Fieldhouse USAs in Frisco & Grapevine as well as MAC Sports in Lewisville. It has historically always beeen split between Fort Worth's Game On and Fieldhouse USA in Mansfield. That's another excuse for me to possibly make the run. Our kids' organization, Salt+Light, has a great shot at sweeping both varsity boys and girls and we know all the kids and their families.
Or, as a Calvinist's would say.. By divine providence. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ran into issues on our AirBnB cabin so it looks like I am out for this weekend. But I will be there in spirit or something like that!
By LUDad
Would like to see some of our players try choking up or shorten their swings with 2 strikes to at least put the ball in play instead of striking out.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
I think the comment Flameshaw made about the softball team against Alabama applies more aptly to our baseball team against TCU. Completely outclassed. Embarrassing.
ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Offensive production has been jv level other than beating up on a and t. Just like last year. Most of the same parts back to.
LU Grad 11, ballcoach15 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Yep, we have some good pitching and defense. But we don't have any offense at all. I really liked our first baseman last year, before he got hurt #55. But he has developed a huge hole in his swing. Hopefully they can get that ironed out, but still we are very weak at the plate.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]