This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
LUOrange wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:46 pm The Campbell announcers are pretty good, but what's up with no graphics?
I thought the same thing. Pretty solid and fair commentary, but production was lacking.
flameshaw, LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
LU 57 wrote: February 19th, 2021, 9:41 pm
LUOrange wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:46 pm The Campbell announcers are pretty good, but what's up with no graphics?
I thought the same thing. Pretty solid and fair commentary, but production was lacking.
And no replays. I missed Wagner's HR and had to watch it later on Nick pierce's Twitter account!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:25 pm Pretty embarrassing showing today. #ODACready
There is no sport where a bad showing means less than baseball. Momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher.

Also, Campbell is not chopped liver. 2 time defending BSC champs, and I believe favored to win it again this year.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:33 pm
rogers3 wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:25 pm Pretty embarrassing showing today. #ODACready
There is no sport where a bad showing means less than baseball. Momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher.

Also, Campbell is not chopped liver. 2 time defending BSC champs, and I believe favored to win it again this year.
I knew I could sucker someone in...but expected BC!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Those are some ugly states on Dylan Cummings from Chicago State? Seems as if Trey Gibson had control issues. Only gave up 2 hits.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Cummings didn’t have good numbers at Chicago State. I’d like to know why Jackson isn’t starting Wilson too. All MAC and has a 300 career batting average.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im curious on wilson too. Seems to be a no brainer to me. Hes a high level defender as well. Guy seems to be his Guy ha. But we know his limitations particularly offensively.
By LUDad
thepostman wrote: February 21st, 2021, 8:53 am Not a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination yesterday.

Pro tip for watching Liberty baseball, head over to https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=38157 and listen to Nick and mute the espn+ feed. You'll have to pause the radio feed for 10 to 15 seconds to line up but it is well worth it in my opinion.
Thanks, never occured to me that you could pause the feed.
thepostman liked this
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Looks to be another frustrating year offensively. Only Locklear and Anderson hitting over .300. Seems that Jackson has had a tough time recruiting and/or developing hitters. Campbell has been the better team.
By LUDad
To be a team that does not a lot of power it is disappointing to see the team not executing bunts or running the bases.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
No hitting. Don't understand not running on a sacrifice fly ball to right field, late in the game. It was deep enough to score the run. What did we score 8 runs in 3 games? Not going to win many that way. Hopefully we can pick it up, not sure from where though.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I thought we gave up a lot of free outs today. The non tag up puzzled me as well. I believe it was betts who other than guy is probably our fastest runner.

The offense was just punchless. Very few hard hit balls all weekend.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]