This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Plenty of interest but nobody has any info to post about. Ballah hit it on the head completely. We dont even know if everybody came back from last year.

I know 5 or 6 hardcore lu baseball fans and weve all just totally withdrawn until the season starts.

Toman has now entered the twitter world and is the opposite of the tight lipped operation we have.

Im a big jackson fan but not the way this is handled. It really kills any fan excitement and delays interest.
ballcoach15, LU 57 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 25th, 2020, 1:46 pm Yeah. I get why it starts so early but it is hard for me to get into it so early. Especially with basketball getting into the best part of its season.
Another basketball game like tonight's, and everyone may "turn to the diamond".
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
College baseball is difficult to follow, especially for students. As previously mentioned, it starts far too early when it’s cold and basketball season is really warming up, then it ends during summer break. Even the conference tournaments aren’t until a couple weeks after graduation. I don’t have the answers, but I don’t see how a summer finish makes sense from a potential fan perspective. Couple that with a program that won’t give fans any information, it’s not much of a draw for those who didn’t care in the first place and it keeps away those who did care.
flamehunter liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It does start too early and end too late. NCAA designed it this way, to force schools to develop deeper pitching staffs to prevent a team with 1 or 2 stud pitchers from dominating. Plus they say it helps northern teams.

The NCAA should reduce games from 9 innings to 7 innings. This would help college baseball. I'll explain why, later.
By Ill flame
Moving the season back a month or so would be huge for northern schools but probably hurt southern schools without having students on campus. Right now college baseball is too regional to get much attention from national media.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:43 am It does start too early and end too late. NCAA designed it this way, to force schools to develop deeper pitching staffs to prevent a team with 1 or 2 stud pitchers from dominating. Plus they say it helps northern teams.

The NCAA should reduce games from 9 innings to 7 innings. This would help college baseball. I'll explain why, later.
Yeah, and I'm sure you would also like it if they put the bases 60 feet apart and made the ball about twice as big and the pitchers throw underhand.
By AFF
Injuries already plaguing this years campaign! 1B Logan Mathieu is done for year with an ACL tear. This will hurt...Logan had trimmed down and looked focus for a breakout year.
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:43 am It does start too early and end too late. NCAA designed it this way, to force schools to develop deeper pitching staffs to prevent a team with 1 or 2 stud pitchers from dominating. Plus they say it helps northern teams.

The length of the season is due to a compromise between southern and northern schools long ago. Southern teams used to start the season really early but end the season relatively early because it gets really hot during the late spring/summer. The northern teams used to start later but end later also due to weather. Our current season is a compromise between the two. We start the season when southern schools traditionally did so and end the season when northern teams used too. Now we get the best and worst of both worlds.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm That is a stupid comment.
I think not. 8) It's simply a logical extension of what you already said.
1) Games should be 7 innings.
2) It would be better if a team could dominate with 1 or 2 "stud" pitchers.

In other words, you think college baseball would be better if it was MORE LIKE SOFTBALL. Just admit it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: January 26th, 2020, 2:51 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm That is a stupid comment.
I think not. 8) It's simply a logical extension of what you already said.
1) Games should be 7 innings.
2) It would be better if a team could dominate with 1 or 2 "stud" pitchers.

In other words, you think college baseball would be better if it was MORE LIKE SOFTBALL. Just admit it.
That’s how I read it
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Softball has nothing to do with it. NCAA baseball would be better if it was 7 innings. It would speed up the games and draw more fans. 9 innings is simply too long. Plus, by playing 7 innings, pitching staffs would be easier to manage and there would be less arm trouble on pitchers.

Baseball is slow naturally, playing 7 innings would be better for players, coaches, umpires and fans.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]