This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LCA star Quade Tomlin signed with Liberty. I heard he turned down offers from some P5 schools, to attend LU.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 7:25 pm LCA star Quade Tomlin signed with Liberty. I heard he turned down offers from some P5 schools, to attend LU.
Hopefully he turns down $ when he gets drafted in the spring.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 7:25 pm LCA star Quade Tomlin signed with Liberty. I HEARD he turned down offers from some P5 schools, to attend LU.
Sources?
By LU 57
Cider Jim wrote: November 15th, 2019, 1:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 7:25 pm LCA star Quade Tomlin signed with Liberty. I HEARD he turned down offers from some P5 schools, to attend LU.
Sources?
Baseball is a little different with regard to recruiting. Specifically, it is frowned upon for recruits to post offers, only where they ultimately commit. The only way we would know who else offered him would be for his coaches or family (one in the same in this case), or him to share. Doubtful we would ever see it in print anywhere.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sources tell me we have a 6-5 250 pitcher who transferred in from a D1 school. He redshirted last season.

Anyone know when baseball roster will be posted.
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: January 10th, 2020, 9:47 pm Sources tell me we have a 6-5 250 pitcher who transferred in from a D1 school. He redshirted last season.

Anyone know when baseball roster will be posted.
BC gets a lot of grief around here (some deserved) , so I just want to say I like this type of info. Keep it coming.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Also heard this morning that we have picked up LHP, who transferred from an in state D1 school. Throws 89 on the gun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#fakenews. Your #sources are notoriously bad. You should supply names or school transferred from. Otherwise for all we know you are just making up stuff
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, if you subscribed to Baseballamerica you'll see who we brought in as they've done write ups already on Liberty. They have us as one of the top mid major teams this coming year. I don't know why they with hold posting the roster until game week because it makes it harder for the average fan to follow the team.
Purple Haize, LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 12:40 pm When talking about players, I never report fake news.
If I believed that (which I’m not sure I do) then you just admitted you report fake news about everything else
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 12:24 pm Also heard this morning that we have picked up LHP, who transferred from an in state D1 school. Throws 89 on the gun.
I'm Ballcoach's source on this one, so you can take it to the bank.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 11th, 2020, 4:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 12:24 pm Also heard this morning that we have picked up LHP, who transferred from an in state D1 school. Throws 89 on the gun.
I'm Ballcoach's source on this one, so you can take it to the bank.
Who is it and/or what school?
I’m feeling my theory of you actually BEING ballcoach but using a nom de guerre is becoming more plausible. You do his research for him, you offer up defense for him and now you are volunteering as one of his #sources. Add to that you are 180 degrees opposite on your posts ....hmmmm
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Any word on what’s going on today? Any idea on quality/number of recruits for this class?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:17 pm Any word on what’s going on today? Any idea on quality/number of recruits for this class?
It's pretty cut and dry. We have 2 scholarships available and 2 hard commits from excellent 3 star guards, Brody Peebles, who is a scoring machine and Joseph Venzant, who is a hyper-athletic stud defender. Both will sign in the next few days, if not today.

I expect we will have at least one player transfer out this Spring, and hopefully we are lining up a recruit with some size for that opening. The only open offer we have out currently is for 5 star 7 footer Efron Reid, who is a long shot with a myriad of high major offers.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yeah saw that for basketball but was actually curious and more worried about baseball as they also have a signing period beginning today. There is nothing (that I’ve seen anyway) on the Liberty Twitter pages...yet.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:39 pm Yeah saw that for basketball but was actually curious and more worried about baseball as they also have a signing period beginning today. There is nothing (that I’ve seen anyway) on the Liberty Twitter pages...yet.
:oops: My bad. I followed the link at the bottom of the index page and didn't notice this was the baseball forum. Can't help you on baseball.
By cruzan_flame13
aredd33 wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:17 pm Any word on what’s going on today? Any idea on quality/number of recruits for this class?
They're posted on their twitter profile/page now.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]