This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By daviedawg
New to the Board...look forward to posting more. Here is the release from North Carolina (long)

from UNC Athletic Communications
UNC Athletics wrote:CHAPEL HILL --- Former UNC pitcher Bryant Gaines has been hired as the North Carolina pitching coach, head coach Mike Fox announced Wednesday. Gaines, a two-time captain for the Tar Heels, returns to Chapel Hill following two seasons as the pitching coach at Liberty under former UNC assistant coach Scott Jackson. Gaines spent nine seasons as a member of the North Carolina Tar Heel program, five as a player and four as an assistant coach, and during his time North Carolina advanced to five College World Series, including four consecutive appearances as a player from 2007-11.
https://goheels.com/news/2019/7/3/bryan ... staff.aspx
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I kinda sorta predicted something like this might happen a few weeks ago. Don't blame him a bit. As far as his replacement is concerned there is someone extremely qualified who would not need the services of a real estate agent to take the job, but I have no idea if there is any interest on either side.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame, I think I know exactly who you are talking about; but if that coach is not interested, Ballcoach might be persuaded to make the commute from Gretna.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Gosh, I hate to see Coach Gaines leave. He's one of the best pitching coaches in college baseball, plus a good recruiter.

Cider, my expertise on pitching is softball, not baseball.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Was almost a really bad week. Jackson turned down notre dame real late in the game and i think had another school pursue him heavy. Gaines is a big loss. Tomlin would def be as good as anybody from a coaching standpoint. Recruiting is a bit of ? Mark but he has turned LCA into a powerhouse.

The second uncc hired woodard i knew we would lose gaines. It also makes it easier to consider other jobs when you have to replace your top assistant anyway.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Just received a text message that Matt Williams will be our new pitching coach. Former UNC-W pitching coach.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]