This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Draft starts tonight and continues for the next two days. Who gets drafted?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read article in Roanoke Times Sunday, that said only 7 players in Virginia are listed among top 500 prospects.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Any O's players drafted yet? We need everybody!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
O's drafted a switch hitting catcher out of Oregon State. Best prospect since Bryce Harper some say.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
According to MLB draft tracker, we only have 5 draft eligible players (Price, Brabrand, Locklear, McInvale, and Embry *did I use the Oxford Comma correctly Cider?*)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would guess embry brabrand for sure. Probably mcinvale later. No way on cam and probably not on price.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: *did I use the Oxford Comma correctly Cider?*)
YES, but a colon would have helped, too.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I think Brabrand goes early considering he’s a senior and a lot of seniors tend to go earlier due to the amount of money teams are able to spend.

Embry and Mcinvale will probably go some where 18-25 range. I like to think we can get them back but we’ve seen guys sign that were drafted that late.

As for prospects, Haga, Bolton and Mummau are listed. I haven’t seen anyone else.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Zack Hess (LCA grad) from LSU was selected in the 7th round (pick #202) by the Detroit Tigers.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Evan Brabrand is the first LU player to get on the board. He was drafted by the Miami Marlins in the 9th round as the 261st pick.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I think he signs. I don't think his stock won't get that much higher. I hope I'm wrong.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Didn't we have a run where we had at least one player drafted before last year?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:Jonathan Embry was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 10th round as the 308th pick.
Yeah - my team... We need a catcher badly. I hope he stays with us, but this would be cool too.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:32 rounds - Locklear and McInvale still available as are the two LCA kids.
McInvale 37th round.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:32 rounds - Locklear...still available
Does Chippy have jokes???
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Locklear had a bad tourney but hes a solid player for us and hes going to be the starting ss next year. Im as critical as anyone but hes still going to be a key piece for us next year and we will need him to be.

Mcinvale and embry will be interesting to watch. The rays arent big spenders and mcinvale was late late. If we get either of those guys back thats huge.

Seems as though they would have to offer gordon big money too. Artis was drafted around that point a few years back out of hs and he came.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I have to think McInvale would come back. Seniors get picked high due to signability, he could make a lot more money.

Gordon is a no brainer to attend.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I thought so too until i read his quote in damiens article. Hes either clueless about the process or super pr savvy at 18 years old.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Chippy wrote:32 rounds - Locklear...still available
Does Chippy have jokes???
Does having a "funny bone" count?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Embry has a chance to make it to the show if he signs with Tampa Bay I do think. Brabrand has a decent chance in Miami as well. McInvale would have a bit of an uphill climb in Toronto but I think he could be as well
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Embry has a chance to make it to the show if he signs with Tampa Bay I do think. Brabrand has a decent chance in Miami as well. McInvale would have a bit of an uphill climb in Toronto but I think he could be as well
You just wanted an excuse to say “the show”. :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]