This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Big time pitching and defensive performance. Offense did enough and capitalized on mistakes. I think uncw takes tennessee out tom. Ive seen them a couple times and they are legit. Tenn. Wont have much time for rest.

Jackson hit all the right buttons tonight and has his 2 best arms ready to go.

Man this year has been fun times for lu athletics.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s blatantly obvious that the team plays better when ballcoach isn’t there :lol: 8) amirite?
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Stayed up past bedtime last night watching it, and paying the price this morning, but it was worth it. Really solid victory.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So what times are the game today? :dontgetit
By BlueBlood
I was too superstitious to post during the game and too tired to post afterward.

That was amazing. Can’t wait until 4.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, guys!

UT with an early 1-0 lead over UNCW.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We need to do something that we failed to do in the ASUN Tournament, and that is win our second game. If we finally do our job there, that means UNC and Tennessee play in the elimination game and puts us in the drivers seat come Sunday
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
On a side note, with all this draft talk that's going on it's crazy to think we could possibly have our whole rotation back next year and our lineup, minus Galazin. I haven't seen one mock or expert have McInvale or Embry going in the first 10 rounds.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Embry will probably be a late riser. Especially if he keeps hitting for power and playing well defensively.

I mean todd signed in the 23rd rd so some of it depends on a guys priorities. Todd apparently didnt need too much.

But yes if we can bring back 3 of the 4 of embry mcinvale locklear and price then next year could be very very nice. I know he has a few solid arms coming in but i havent looked at recruiting sites in a while.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Little different level of competition here than the asun.
Not discounting that jinxy, just saying that we need to do our job today and put ourselves in the drivers seat for Sunday because it looks like Tennessee will get the loser of our game tomorrow afternoon
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ok so i was wrong about uncw and the vols. Looks like the hangover from the unc choke job hung with them today. They got hammered.

Oregon state got upset by cincy last night. That was a huge surprise. Still enjoyed seeing coastal get hammmmered by auburn. They are beating florida a and m today.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Locklear and wagner are really hurting us so far. Wagner with 2 gidps and locklear kd to leave bases loaded and just forced out betts first pitch swinging right after the tiring reliever walked first 2. Bad baseball there.

No clutch hits so far. Wagner strands 2 more. Bad bad nights for both he and locklear.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Laugher tonight unfortunately. My prediction of winning game 1 and ultimately the regional was wrong. Competition is too good for us to go through losers bracket.

Edit: bp session has broken out. Might as well get the l screen out ha. This is best hitting unc team ive seen.
By jweaks
That was a beat down. Love to see us beat UT again. The hill is too big, but it would nice to get one more win.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jweaks wrote:That was a beat down. Love to see us beat UT again. The hill is too big, but it would nice to get one more win.
C’mon man

[youtube]
[/youtube]
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]