This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
These were some of the most impressive HRs I've ever seen in a college baseball game. All no doubters - Busch and Sabato hammered theirs in back to back fashion. Looked like they were taking batting practice.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:Why win the first two when we have the opportunity to do it the hard way?
Yeah. I mean we did it last week, so why not two weekends in a row?
By LUDad
Just got back in from Chapel Hill. Reminds me of going down to Columbia in 2013 and getting torched by SC by a score of 19-3 on Sat night. But we did come back the next day to beat Clemson for the 2nd time that weekend. Perret went on to put a scare in SC before losing 6-4 in Championship game. So, it can be done, even after a disaster like tonight.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
But even still after Perret’s scare, we still would’ve had to win again right?

I just don’t see it this time. I know we did it last weekend, but this ain’t UNF and Stetson again.
By Jonathan Carone
Going 1-2 in a regional is something to be very proud of. Obviously I’d like to reach the finals but anything better than two and out is a win to me right now.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
We stranded so many base runners this whole weekend. Strikeouts and weak groundouts and I feel like Locklear was the biggest inning killer.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I think I jinxed it. Bases loaded 1 out bottom of the ninth.......double play on runner going home and first. Awful
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
locklear :shock: Man that is just atrocious. 0 for 12 and about 4 double plays including that atrocious at bat.
Last edited by jinxy on June 2nd, 2019, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Highfill and mcdyre cant hit either. Theres nobody else of the guys theyve tried.

Cam is too good a player to be handling the bat so poorly. Its baseball. You dont always hit but swinging at the type of pitches and counts and all the gidps are just astounding.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
so unnecessary too. He had ALL DAY to make that throw and make a nice soft accurate throw. Instead hes hot and tries to cut it loose with frustration behind it and sails it. Just unbelievable mental errors.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Just when you think libertying isnt a thing anymore. Man that is tough to swallow. Literally snatched defeat from the teeth of victory.
To be clear. I dont think we could have beat unc twice but we should have had that one and skirrow and price could have gotten us 1 against unc. Deciding game....would have been another unc bp session most likely.

Great season. Such a tough way to end. Brabrand and galazin deserver better.

Hopefully we can continue to build and not go backward like we did in 2013 and 2014.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Tough way to end a great season.

Cam has consistently choked in clutch at bats. We need a new shortstop, and some more power in the lineup. No way we would have been able to beat the Heels twice anyway. Seriously doubt the Vols will be able to do it either.

Made the trek for the game yesterday, what an embarrassment. Wish we would have played Carolina better; can't stand 'em.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]