This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is super petty of me but my favorite part of Manson's article was this:
ASOR wrote:Liberty is the only team from the commonwealth of Virginia to reach the 2019 NCAA Tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It is super petty of me but my favorite part of Manson's article was this:
ASOR wrote:Liberty is the only team from the commonwealth of Virginia to reach the 2019 NCAA Tournament.
That is great.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Not much traffic on here, considering we're going to Regional.
I just grilled some delicious steaks
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It is super petty of me but my favorite part of Manson's article was this:
A UNC loss to us that eliminated them would make the season :D I'm a anyone but the Tarheels guy :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Not much traffic on here, considering we're going to Regional.
You've been on here for a while so you should know this but once summer hits, this board has been traditionally very slow until August. You mention you know people who lurk but don't post, so you could encourage them to post.

I am sure once Firday hits and the memorial day bbq's are a thing of the past more people will partake in the discussion.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Will probably head over to The People's Republic of Chapel Hill on Friday. Hope I don't catch any weird disease or anything. 8)
Last edited by flameshaw on May 28th, 2019, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope I can find a place to park within 30 minute walk to stadium. Plus get to Chapel Hill without encountering any traffic jams. Not the easiest venue in ACC to reach.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
You've been on here for a while so you should know this but once summer hits, this board has been traditionally very slow until August. You mention you know people who lurk but don't post, so you could encourage them to post.

I am sure once Firday hits and the memorial day bbq's are a thing of the past more people will partake in the discussion.
May is probably most exciting month for college sports. Lot of events taking place. Baseball, softball, golf, lacrosse, track & field
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope I can find a place to park within 30 minute walk to stadium. Plus get to Chapel Hill without encountering any traffic jams. Not the easiest venue in ACC to reach.
With students gone you can park at the dorms and have a 5 minute walk.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ticket information has been released. Single game tickets are $15.00 and a Session is $60.00. That is rather steep in my opinion. The NCAA is ripping fans off. UNC will charge to park on campus. This should be illegal. UNC is a public university, parking should be free.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the normal running rate for rates for regionals? The cost seems pretty reasonable to me, which is why I ask.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:UNC will charge to park on campus. This should be illegal. UNC is a public university, parking should be free.
Ballcoach, your Virginia tax dollars aren't paying for UNC. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:UNC will charge to park on campus. This should be illegal. UNC is a public university, parking should be free.
I’d be interested to see if UNC is actually charging for parking. I am sure there are several options
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
I’d be interested to see if UNC is actually charging for parking. I am sure there are several options
They have charged for parking for regular season games in the past. Fortunately I have access to a handicapped parking pass and can usually find a spot around the stadium without a whole lot of trouble. 8)
By jweaks
Oh, they will definitely charge for parking. Unless you park well away.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Further investigation revealed there is some free parking at UNC,but it's a good walk.

I checked a couple of other Regionals. Ole Miss has ticket deals ranging from 60,00 to 215.00
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ridge road that goes by the stadium is blocked off, I think that means no bicycles also
I went to Super Regional there last year
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: Ole Miss has ticket deals ranging from 60,00 to 215.00
That's good research, Ballcoach. I've been to that stadium back when Don Kessenger coached there.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: Ole Miss has ticket deals ranging from 60,00 to 215.00
That's good research, Ballcoach. I've been to that stadium back when Don Kessenger coached there.
Park at the dorms near the soccer field. It's free and it's a 5 minute walk.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]