This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Now that softball is over, I had time this afternoon to review box scores of the tournament . Coach Jackson and the pitching coach have done a masterful job with the pitching staff in this tournament. Our pitching coach should get the Assistant Coach of the Year Award.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Sumitup is spot on. I felt like the pendulum could swing to our favor once we beat north florida again b. Jville was on fumes and bumping the title game to tomorrow benefits us more than stetson because we have more depth.

Felt like jackson and gaines have done a much better job since the jville loss. Were actually set up pretty darn well for tomorrow. Try to get 5 from mcinvale on 3 days rest and then piece it together with brabrand adametz and Garrett.

Barker and garrets performance was why i didnt like pushing brabrand the other night on back to back days. Those guys have proven capable.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In the post-game with Nick, Jackson said he has "3 and a half" pitchers available tomorrow. McInvale, Brabrand and Garrett for sure, and he could maybe use Adametz for an inning or 2. Should be enough unless we have a 16 inning marathon like Stetson/J'ville, in which case we would be in trouble (but I suspect so would Stetson).
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I know we never really got erickson going but is he available in dire spot or is he hurt? He and stamper are the only 2 other guys that pitched this year and stamper its been over a month.

What happened to hand brockman good from last year? Looks like they are all on roster. I heard hand was injured at one point but didnt know the extent.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I know we never really got erickson going but is he available in dire spot or is he hurt? He and stamper are the only 2 other guys that pitched this year and stamper its been over a month.

What happened to hand brockman good from last year? Looks like they are all on roster. I heard hand was injured at one point but didnt know the extent.
I think it's pretty telling that Jackson didn't mention any of those guys as being "available". Either they are injured, being redshirted, or he just has zero confidence in them.
By LUDad
I did a fast pitch count for the two teams. It does not take into account days of rest etc. but I think that it shows that Stetson is in worst shape than us pitch count wise.

STETSON: Paret-175; Gonzalez-132; Garcia-131; Peto-117; Bacica-72; Nunez-58; Selivan-40; Neilon-39 Total of 764 pitches.

LU: Price-112; Meyer-110; McInvale-105; Skirrow-104; Riley-101; Brabrand-89; Barker-75; Adametz-62; Garrett-13. Total of 771 pitches.

I would go with Adammetz with short leash. If he does well go 3-4 innings before handing over to McInvale. That way you have him pitching nearer the end of the game. If we pound their pitching early, even better, everyone will be well rested for next Thursday.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
These double elimination championships really put a stresser on the pitching staff. The announcers yesterday said several times Liberty's bullpen have had the best season as a unit in the ASUN.

Excited about the opportunity today. Brabrand will definitely get the ball at some point today and he's been on fire.
By LUDad
R i wrote:These double elimination championships really put a stresser on the pitching staff. The announcers yesterday said several times Liberty's bullpen have had the best season as a unit in the ASUN.

Excited about the opportunity today. Brabrand will definitely get the ball at some point today and he's been on fire.
I hoping that we blow up their pitching staff early and it becomes a staff day, with some younger guys getting more tournament experience before next week.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:At age 33, I pitched 6 slow pitch games in one day. Only had 5 minute break between games. Temperature that day hit 103.
Here where I live they have 24 hour marathons of a sport which requires a similar expenditure of energy to slow pitch.
Dominos.
What makes it more impressive is they do it while consuming copious amounts of beer and/or rum.
Now I have a beverage all over my shirt. Shot right out my nose laughing Thanks jerk! :lol: :D
Bring it down and I'll have my cleaning lady wash it for you.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Nick P just does a great job on the radio. Someone needs to pick him up to do MLB play by play. He is that good.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Nick P just does a great job on the radio. Someone needs to pick him up to do MLB play by play. He is that good.
Been saying it for years. He has been doing the Danville Braves games for quite a while, but they haven't seen fit to move him up. He is definately a ML talent on the mic.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Up 4-0 in the 3rd. McInvale has given up just 1 hit, but has thrown 55 pitches through 3. On 3 days rest, 2 more innings would be fantastic.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Nick P just does a great job on the radio. Someone needs to pick him up to do MLB play by play. He is that good.
Agreed 1,000%. We have been lucky to have him for so long. This is not a shot at Alan York because he is good, but I always thought Nick should have been made the voice of Liberty athletics. He is that good.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Agreed 1,000%. We have been lucky to have him for so long. This is not a shot at Alan York because he is good, but I always thought Nick should have been made the voice of Liberty athletics. He is that good.
100% yes
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
:dontgetit

Wow, they don’t even make those errors in little league.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Trying to choke this one up also.
McInvale (sp?) pulls a super bush league move. You don't open your mouth in a situation like that. It has really fired up Stetson.
Unimaginable errors and a pop up that drops in doesn't help either.
Big Mo is sitting in the first base dugout now.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Such a bone headed move by McInvale he could've pitched another inning. It probably forced Jackson's hand to bring out Brabrand an inning early.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Terrible at bats by locklear and mathieu to end the 7th. They are out of pitching and we can do nothing. Weak

I missed 5 min. What happened with mcinvale?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
These announcers on tv are horrible. They are as big a homers as Woddy Durham was. Didn't think anyone could be even close to that.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Terrible at bats by locklear and mathieu to end the 7th. They are out of pitching and we can do nothing. Weak

The ump made two horrible calls on Locklear, neither one was close to a strike.

McInvale fielded a comebacker, ran it almost all the way to first base and then started chirping to their dugout. Bush move.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
jinxy wrote:Terrible at bats by locklear and mathieu to end the 7th. They are out of pitching and we can do nothing. Weak

The ump made two horrible calls on Locklear, neither one was close to a strike.

McInvale fielded a comebacker, ran it almost all the way to first base and then started chirping to their dugout. Bush move.
McInvale made it personal ..... :shock: :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
thepostman wrote:
100% yes
If only the football people at LU would take notice .......
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]