This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I imagine we'll have to beat Depperman, probably the best starting pitcher in the league in our first game. We won the first time 4-3 even though he pitched a complete game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My guess is McInvale starts game 1. Our top 4 are him, Skirrow, Adametz, and Meyer. TO win we will need to win either 4 or 5 games depending on how we do on Wednesday.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We always seem to back into the tourney the last 4 or 5 years. I would bet mcinvale then meyer. Skirrow gives me all kinds of pause right now. Thoroughly dissappointed in his last month. Id start him last of the 4 starters. Just cant trust him.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:We always seem to back into the tourney the last 4 or 5 years. I would bet mcinvale then meyer. Skirrow gives me all kinds of pause right now. Thoroughly dissappointed in his last month. Id start him last of the 4 starters. Just cant trust him.
Never know, Skirrow had the best outing against NF during the season. 8 full innings, 2 runs, 3 hits, 1 bb, 6 so.
By Jonathan Carone
If you lose a game in this tournament you’re toast. This is the old Big South format that is brutal in the losers bracket.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
potential for 6 games in 4 days (if you have to win twice on championship day)...that does look like the unknown 14th circle of hell to whoever loses today
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
jinxy wrote:We always seem to back into the tourney the last 4 or 5 years. I would bet mcinvale then meyer. Skirrow gives me all kinds of pause right now. Thoroughly dissappointed in his last month. Id start him last of the 4 starters. Just cant trust him.
Never know, Skirrow had the best outing against NF during the season. 8 full innings, 2 runs, 3 hits, 1 bb, 6 so.
I would go with McInvale against NF, then Meyer against either Lipscomb or Jacksonville (assuming we win today), then throw Skirrow in a potential rematch with FGCU on Day 3 for a spot on Championship Saturday with Adametz available for Saturday and maybe a couple innings from McInvale on Saturday (with Skirrow and Meyer getting an inning if they don't go super deep in their starts as well)
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
I have zero faith in Skirrow. anyway the ASUN needs to work harder on TV contracts. the Big South has their championship game on the U and the ASUN is on + ……….UNREAL.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: the Big South has their championship game on the U and the ASUN is on + ……….UNREAL.
So you're saying that Kyle Kallendar has done something RIGHT? :wink:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:I have zero faith in Skirrow. anyway the ASUN needs to work harder on TV contracts. the Big South has their championship game on the U and the ASUN is on + ……….UNREAL.
I don't have much faith in him either smoothie, but he is one of our four main starters from this year and I wouldn't want to throw a lightly used pitcher in what could be a very big game for us if we are playing for a spot in the championship on Friday.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Here is the info put out by the athletic dept with all the ways to watch/listen/follow along with the action this afternoon.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Skirrow reminds me of parker bean. All kinds of potential and big time life on the fastball but could never put it all together for consistent stretches. I dont start him until you have to. I run mcinvale and braband today and hope you only have to use them. Winning the first game is so important in this format. Really the first 2.
By LUDad
Chippy wrote:I imagine we'll have to beat Depperman, probably the best starting pitcher in the league in our first game. We won the first time 4-3 even though he pitched a complete game.
I see what you mean. Went back and looked at his numbers. Lots of so and few bb. Does not give up a lot of runs. Need to hold NF to no more than 2 runs at most.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
3-0 Liberty with 2 outs in the second. FLames got three hits and a sac fly off Depperman in the first
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
We get 3 in the first and Depperman throws 33 pitches. Now batting in the bottom of the 2nd with a 3-0 lead.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Couldn't ask for a better start. we get to Depperman for 3 runs in the first and McInvale is pounding the plate through his first 2 innings. Up 3-0 in the bottom of the 2nd.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:Stetson took down #1 FGCU in Game 1 with a score of 7-5.
THAT is how you can make it even better. Now we just need to not wet the bed and we have a great path to Saturday
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Now tied at 3-3. 2 runs score on a fly ball we lose in the sun. Second one today. Nick saying Guy cought the ball, but there is no replay.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
We just got hosed on an umpire call in the 5th. With two outs and two runners on, the batter hit a fly ball to the outfield. Jaylen Guy made a diving catch after the ball was caught up in the wind. Replay showed he made the catch. The umpires convened and ruled it an out.

Score is now 3-3.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
According to Nick, they have all the equipment and staffing needed to do instant replay. Their reason for not doing it is hard to believe. No good place to put the replay monitor for the umpires. :roll:

Clutch hit for Galazan puts us up 5-3.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]