This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Think about this...if we win both games tomorrow (elimination and first game with Stetson), we can send Mcinvale in the decisive game on Sunday because he will have not pitched since Wednesday
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Think about this...if we win both games tomorrow (elimination and first game with Stetson), we can send Mcinvale in the decisive game on Sunday because he will have not pitched since Wednesday
That is likely the plan. Gotta get there first.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:At age 33, I pitched 6 slow pitch games in one day. Only had 5 minute break between games. Temperature that day hit 103.
Here where I live they have 24 hour marathons of a sport which requires a similar expenditure of energy to slow pitch.
Dominos.
What makes it more impressive is they do it while consuming copious amounts of beer and/or rum.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know. TO win three games like we have to do, we have to win one (which sounds obvious but it's the fact of our situation)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Be interesting to see who we send out today with Skirrow eating some significant innings yesterday. Today could be a staff day (with the season on the line, oy) with Garrett Price being the only other pitcher to make a start this year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Went with Price...called it again
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Went with Price...called it again
And he is off to a great start, pitching 2 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
There is going to be an interesting decision to be made who starts against Stetson should we pull this one out, especially if Price gives us a "quality start".
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow. With runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs in the 5th, Jackson brings in Riley for Price, who has walked 3, but not given up a hit. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So far, our hitters have not been making Santana work, which is atypical for us and not good. Only 58 pitches through 4.2 innings. We go down on only 6 pitches in the 5th. Ouch.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:At age 33, I pitched 6 slow pitch games in one day. Only had 5 minute break between games. Temperature that day hit 103.
Here where I live they have 24 hour marathons of a sport which requires a similar expenditure of energy to slow pitch.
Dominos.
What makes it more impressive is they do it while consuming copious amounts of beer and/or rum.
Now I have a beverage all over my shirt. Shot right out my nose laughing Thanks jerk! :lol: :D
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Starting price was a good idea. Change up his routine.

Still have barker and garrett. I would go adametz and use those guys. Possibly brabrand for 1.

If we make it we could have mcinvale and skirrow tommorow.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
THe boys exploded for 5 runs in the 6th and Riley locked it down the second half saving our bullpen for a potential two step with Stetson.

We need to get out to a fast start so we can preserve our available arms.
By Ewglenn
So the announcers said on the broadcast that this was the final game coming up with Stetson. I thought we had to win 2 against them?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Skirrow getting the start despite throwing 54 pitches in relief yesterday.

We do have to win today and again tomorrow to claim the championship.
Last edited by olldflame on May 25th, 2019, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:So the announcers said on the broadcast that this was the final game coming up with Stetson. I thought we had to win 2 against them?
We have to win two. If we win today, there will be a game tomorrow.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Flames up 2-0. 3 gutsy innings from Skirrow and Barker comes in to start the 4th. Noah threw over 100 pitches between yesterday and today. We still have Cole Garrett, who has not made an appearence in the tourney yet, but has been pitching about as well as anyone on the staff lately.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Flames win 6-3! Final tomorrow at 1:00. Barker gets the win and Garrett retires the side in order in the 9th for the save.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
They obviously would never say it, but I gotta believe Ted Gumbart and his colleagues at the ASUN are closet Liberty fans tomorrow. If Stetson wins, they would have a sub-.500 team representing them in the NCAAs.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We did what we had to do today...let's give the ball to Mcinvale tomorrow and lock it down
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Great games today. The boys got it done when it mattered.

For the tournament, we really benefited from the Stetson/Jacksonville game going 16 innings. Without the length of that game, the league would not have moved last night's game til today and the potential game 11 to Sunday. We would have had two games yesterday and the winner of the second game would have had to beat Stetson twice today. While going to the loser's bracket is challenging and adds additional games, we have only played one game each day of the tournament except today when we played two. Our pitching depth is up to that challenge.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]