This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:At age 33, I pitched 6 slow pitch games in one day. Only had 5 minute break between games. Temperature that day hit 103.
Two questions, Ballcoach:
1. How many WINS did you have in those 6 games?
2. Was this a co-ed league with GIRLS playing, too?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:How do we win the conference cup trophy now? I know FGGU took the lead when they won the regular season. What do we have to do in this tournament to get it back?
FGCU finishing first in baseball with us second was only a difference of 3 points. Not nearly enough to catch us. I don't know why the ASUN has not announced the final results. I guess waiting till all sports have finished, even though tournament results have nothing to do with it.

Here are the standings, with only the baseball results not included:

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Stetson and Lipscomb are scoreless in the top of the 6th. The 2 starting pitchers entered the game with a combined 5-14 record and ERAs well over 4. Go figure.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:At age 33, I pitched 6 slow pitch games in one day. Only had 5 minute break between games. Temperature that day hit 103.
Two questions, Ballcoach:
1. How many WINS did you have in those 6 games?
2. Was this a co-ed league with GIRLS playing, too?
I had 5 wins. We lost the 6th game played that day. We had to beat the other team 2 times to win tournament, but lost in first game of finals.

There were NO GIRLS on the field.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Yeah. Similar arm tension in both a slow pitch delivery and a baseball delivery :roll:
You should try playing 42 innings in one day at 103 degrees in Alabama in August, at any position.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: You should try playing 42 innings in one day at 103 degrees in Alabama in August, at any position.
Plus, you have to remember that when Ballacoach played, he was wearing those hot wool uniforms, the offense wore leather batting helmets and hit with wooden bats.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Stetson and Lipscomb are in the 12th after the Hatters gave up a 4 run lead in the 9th with their closer on the mound. Nothing but good for us. Our potential opponents are going through pitching while we chill. Stetson up 6-5, but Lipscomb has the tying run on 2nd with 1 out. Looks like it will be a late one for us tonight.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ridiculous comparisons such as this one are why 3% of me still wonders if you are real.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Believe me, he's real. :oldhag
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: You should try playing 42 innings in one day at 103 degrees in Alabama in August, at any position.
Plus, you have to remember that when Ballacoach played, he was wearing those hot wool uniforms, the offense wore leather batting helmets and hit with wooden bats.
I’ve umpired a couple wood bat tourneys in the last year. Kinda fun.

Last Halloween, I umpired a tourney where the runners went around the bases in the opposite direction. That was bizarre at first.

Is the possibility of girls on the field supposed to insinuate inferiority. True story: best double play team in slow pitch I’ve ever seen was in a women’s slow pitch league. (Not coed).

BC, what’s crazy is you still remember a day record from - what? - 30 years ago?? Gotta let that loss go, broski.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Stetson wins 6-5 in 12 and the Bisons are the second team eliminated. 4 Stetson pitchers threw 229 pitches. We are looking at about an 8:30 starting time for our game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:BC, what’s crazy is you still remember a day record from - what? - 30 years ago?? Gotta let that loss go, broski.
To quote TF, "you gotta finish." :brownbag
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ademetz gets the start. Jones, who beat us last month, goes for J'ville. Jackson changes it up a bit and flip-flops Embry and Betts, with Gray behind the plate and Jonathon in RF.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Ridiculous comparisons such as this one are why 3% of me still wonders if you are real.
JK, I was trying to prove that college players don't need as much rest, as some fans may think they do. (Position players)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
JK37 wrote:
JK, I was trying to prove that college players don't need as much rest, as some fans may think they do. (Position players)
He even made an instructional video. Imagine the wear and tear on ones arm

[youtube]f6b5olvyB6o[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

*well now they’ve gone and changed how to embed YouTube vids. Freaking NSA
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bad abs in 3rd and 4th. Had pitch count climbing and we let him off the hook. I would have went with meyer. Hopefully it doesnt cost us.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Feels like toman over management tonight. Price getting shelled again in a shocking development. If adametz wasnt hurt that was a bad move pulling him after 3. Head scratching.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Bad abs in 3rd and 4th. Had pitch count climbing and we let him off the hook. I would have went with meyer. Hopefully it doesnt cost us.
Per Nick, Meyer has a sore oblique muscle. He's available, but not 100%.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ah that makes sense. That hurts us big time. Boy these at bats with runners on base are just brutal outside embry.
By jweaks
And... we're all even in the 7th with a chance to take the lead.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
5-5, bases loaded with one out in the 7th.

After being down 5-0 in the 5th, this team has played composed.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Embry keeping us in it. We have to break it here.
You need a new internet provider. :D
By LUDad
I think that there is a huge stat that LU has about winning when holding lead after 7th inning. Cannot recall exactly what it is but its impressive.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]