This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Dreadful beatdown all the way around. Now we are on the ropes. Thats really dissappointing how bad they came out tonight after such a big win. Thats a bad omen to me.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I was there for the whole thing. Very uninspiring ball today from both diamond sports.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Again...start strong, finish weak. That is the Liberty Way. It will take a sustained string of strong finishes to change the narrative.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:Again...start strong, finish weak. That is the Liberty Way. It will take a sustained string of strong finishes to change the narrative.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, don't understand baseball or have an ulterior motive.

The narrative IS changing. RMK & crew didn't cross the line, they jumped it. Baseball is having a good season. I disagree with start strong, finish weak. Many on this board were complaining that the start was bad. The expectations from some fans are too demanding. Baseball is a difficult game. This team has overachieved in some of their results (ACC games). Coach Jackson has the program on an upward trajectory and represents the university well.
By Jonathan Carone
I think our pitching just hit the wall. We had to rely on them too heavily since we can’t hit.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb was certainly connecting well on our pitching all night last night.

Lipscomb’s Tevin Symonette is a man-child.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
rogers3 wrote:Again...start strong, finish weak. That is the Liberty Way. It will take a sustained string of strong finishes to change the narrative.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, don't understand baseball or have an ulterior motive.

The narrative IS changing. RMK & crew didn't cross the line, they jumped it. Baseball is having a good season. I disagree with start strong, finish weak. Many on this board were complaining that the start was bad. The expectations from some fans are too demanding. Baseball is a difficult game. This team has overachieved in some of their results (ACC games). Coach Jackson has the program on an upward trajectory and represents the university well.
Well, this is the baseball thread and the prior post mentioned both baseball and softball. We did have a 6-0 run against the ACC, and the team has not performed at that level or maybe the competition is continuing to improve. Either way, if you have been around for a long time, that is pretty normal for LU teams. We seem to have mastered the ability to peak early...and I'm considering the last 35 years, just to be clear.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
That's a pretty strong condemnation, especially considering there is still a good bit of baseball to be played.

Personally, I would want to bring more to the table than what you have before I would say something like that. We have had some disappointing games recently, but we still are 8-5 in the ASUN since April 1. Only 35 years? Rookie. 8)
By LUDad
Baseball is a game of averages. I HATE 17 hit, 15 run games. You can be assured that your numbers will dip below average over time. Same goes for pitching but to a lesser extent. Our pitching was ahead of hitters at the start of the season. Hitting is catching up. The book is out on them. I trust that the coaches will come up with strategies to get the hitters guessing again.

I did not expect the team to sustain the trajectory they were on. They entered a slump but they are showing signs that they beginning to pull out of it. If so, the slump was a very good thing to get their averages back to their mean level before tournment time. Just my 2 cents...err...my 10 cents worth.

BTW. Off topic. I predict that the golf team will get through ncaa regionals next week in Athens to advance to the Championship. Getting into the 8 team televised match play is another story. Posted here because I don't expect many to read it in the proper forum. Apology in advance.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
That's a pretty strong condemnation, especially considering there is still a good bit of baseball to be played.

Personally, I would want to bring more to the table than what you have before I would say something like that. We have had some disappointing games recently, but we still are 8-5 in the ASUN since April 1. Only 35 years? Rookie. 8)
If I count my pre college years... You know, Rock Royer, BB at Jefferson Forest, f ew here will beat my time with Liberty sports unless your name ends with Falwell.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It was a joke, and I was only going by what you said, but I did know you were a "local" and have been around a long time. I was here for basketball at JF (which was pretty special) but missed out on Royer. Arrived as a student in 74 and after graduating, lived and worked in the Burg til 2011, when I retired early and moved down here to the Caribbean, and now spend way to much time keeping up with things on line.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Down 2-0 in the 8th, the Flames are putting together a big inning and now lead 5-2.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb made things interesting in the 9th, cutting the lead to 5-3 with 2 on before Brabrand got the final out.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:Down 2-0 in the 8th, the Flames are putting together a big inning and now lead 5-2.
Started weak and finished strong. 8)
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
SumItUp wrote:Down 2-0 in the 8th, the Flames are putting together a big inning and now lead 5-2.
Started weak and finished strong. 8)
If we can just do that in all of our last games!
By jweaks
It's been a good season. We've got a chance to win the conference and then do well in the tourney.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU beat Lipscomb 11-0 today!
By Jonathan Carone
jweaks wrote:It's been a good season. We've got a chance to win the conference and then do well in the tourney.
This is 100% true. Any frustration has to be read in the context of an at large bid.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Old Men's Club received email from coach thanking him for his support. This was after moving "to behind dugout."
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, does Coach Dot think you are president of the Old Men's Club? :dontgetit :oldhag :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So did the email come to you or TF?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]