This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Beating Duke 6-2 in 7th. I think we have a decent chance for an at large if we finish strong.
By Jonathan Carone
We’ve gotten help from our schedule the last two days. Beating Duke on the road will be a good boost if we can hang on.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Huge win. Best possible one we had remaining on schedule. I still dont get how we have multiple people saying at large was toast a day ago. Nick explained it better than i could tonight on air. Again. I get the sentiment because we had been playing terrible but its all right there still. Every game is crucial rest of the way.
By Jonathan Carone
It’s not toast but it’s gonna be really hard. We can only afford to lose one more game the rest of the regular season.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Maybe, depends on which game. Those road games count so much more on top 200s. Its def 1 to 2 loses and 2nd or 3rd in tourney. If you get duke and win 2 of 3 in each series and finish 2nd in tourney i think were in. Look at the teams on the bubble. Lots of questions there and our resume stacks up better than many.

Remaining rpi.
3 @fgcu 128
Duke @ home 45.
3 @ home lipscomb 177.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
We looked good last night. Might have been about 400 people in attendance, but it was nice to get out to a game at the DBAP. Hope we can finish strong the next couple of weeks.
By Class of 20Something
givemethemic wrote:We looked good last night. Might have been about 400 people in attendance, but it was nice to get out to a game at the DBAP. Hope we can finish strong the next couple of weeks.
I know what DBAP means but Clay Travis has altered the definition in my head.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ha i thought the same. Had to reread it and remember.

Looked at bubble teams more in depth at lunch. We are right in the thick of it for sure. Lots of teams with the same or worse resumes. Who will finish strong?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Durham Bulls Athletic Park right?
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:Durham Bulls Athletic Park right?
In the context of Duke, you are correct. In the context of their rivals handling of Silent Sam, Clay Travis' version is more appropriate.
By Jonathan Carone
So people do actually listen to Clay Travis. I’ve always wondered who they were.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:So people do actually listen to Clay Travis. I’ve always wondered who they were.
I did until we lost Fox Sports Radio in Lynchburg. I'd rather Eisen, Travis, and Cowherd than ESPNs LeBetard, Stephen A, and Golic.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I couldn't remember who Clay Travis was until I googled him. With that name, I thought he was a country singer or something haha.
By Jonathan Carone
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:So people do actually listen to Clay Travis. I’ve always wondered who they were.
I did until we lost Fox Sports Radio in Lynchburg. I'd rather Eisen, Travis, and Cowherd than ESPNs LeBetard, Stephen A, and Golic.
The only one I listen to regularly is Le Batard. I like Bomani’s podcast a lot better than the old radio show. And Simmons is good for basketball.

And if I just want silly southern sports I go to Marty and McGee.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I can help you introduce to a bunch. There are also 3 of our head coaches that are avid listeners and several assts thats i know of. In fact 1 did an hour long interview with clay a while back. To me the fox sports lineup is the best radio lineup of all time. Clay dp show eisen cowherd/gottlieb then parker and broussard. I cant listen to sports talk radio more than an hr or two because its the same stuff after a while unless its ab active period. Bohmani and screaming a are my 2 least favorite. The only talent espn has left that i like at all is svp, louis riddick, bilas, shulman & Ravech.

Honestly dont know how anybody can take screamin a seriously after his take on dwayne haskins and his botched chargers chiefs playoff talk when he was referencing guys out for the season as key players in the matchup.
By Jonathan Carone
The only one of those worth listening to is DP. Everyone else takes sports way too seriously.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Clay and eisen talk a lot of other stuff outside of sports. Thats why i like them. DP first and those 2 shows second. Not as big of a cowherd or gottlieb fan.

Btw. One note on rpi. Fsu is gonna get in since its mike martin last year if its close that will reduce one bubble spot.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I was wondering if anyone would pickup on it. I can relate to Travis a lot.
By LUDad
Hey Alex, in case your listening, you gave props to all the spring sports except Golf which is on the verge of making the Nationals tomorrow.
By LUDad
LUDad wrote:Hey Alex, in case your listening, you gave props to all the spring sports except Golf which is on the verge of making the Nationals tomorrow.
Sorry, I'm not on twitter.
By jweaks
Yes! We flushed the dookies.

7-3 versus ACC

TWO MORE WINS!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Good win, great stadium, terrible crowd turnout.
By LUDad
And the youngsters close out the last 6 innings against an ACC team.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Huge. Up to 50 on warren nolan now. Go down and do the job this weekend.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Wagner's HR very impressive, easily 400+. Riley looked really good. Had his slider working and hit 93 on the gun once.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]