This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
LU leads series 2-0. Good news from FGCU-Stetson series. Last game has been rained out with no make up game scheduled so LU can take back league lead with win in double header.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
At large ain’t happening this year.
By LUDad
jbock13 wrote:At large ain’t happening this year.
According to Boyd's Needs Report, LU needs to win 7 out of last 8 games to get inside the top 45 RPI.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Were not out and i dont think we need to be top 45. Usually 50ish will get you in with the right number of wins. We do likely have to go 6 and 2 (sweeping lipscomb) and go deep in tourney. The way weve been playing i can certainly see the negative sentiment. This team certainly isnt going to consistently slug its way to succcess. The pitching and defense will have to much better than recent games. Im afraid the heavy workload has finally worn down the top 6 guys. I thought all along we needed to be bringing more arms along.
By Jonathan Carone
We will have to win the tournament to get in.

That said, it’s both frustrating and exciting to see how close we are to an at large. If you look at the schedule, all it would’ve taken to be a near lock is to swap out some of the 2-1 series vs Q4 teams to a 1-2 series vs Q2 teams. That’s oversimplifying it a little bit but that path is there for what it’ll take in the future.
By jweaks
We still have a great chance. Only 1/2 game out and the potential to do well in the tourney. Our fate is in our hands.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]