This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We get the win 15-4, with a season high 22 hits. Embry and Wagner had 4 each.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:They can have church in locker room before or after the game.

Plus they can go to School of Music Concert at Thomas Road tonight.
That would not be church. I have no issue with playing the game at that time in order to get it in because of weather concerns, but let's be honest. They will be missing church, and probably more to the issue, so will anyone who attends the game. Showing what an :oldhag I am here, but back in my days on campus, we would NEVER schedule a game to conflict with a church service at TRBC, including Sunday evening and Wednesday night services. I do believe the current approach is more sensible, but it does leave us open to accusations of "hypocrisy" from the fundy crowd.
Last thing I would worry about is the "fundy crowd" they are on life support.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Showing what an :oldhag I am here, but back in my days on campus, we would NEVER schedule a game to conflict with a church service at TRBC, including Sunday evening and Wednesday night services.
I remember when the LU library used to close on Sunday and Wednesday night for church. The first "church night" LU baseball game I remember attending was when LU scrimmaged the Lynchburg Hillcafts (or whatever they were called back then).

I remember going to the game to support my school, but still had enough fundy in me to feel guilty about it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Today's game moved up to 10:00, to beat the rain
They will all be skipping church. I don’t think LU wins this one because of it
Must have been a powerful team chapel service.
By LUDad
Came within one single in bottom of 9th of gaining a sweep of a foe that almost went to CWS last year.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Came within one single in bottom of 9th of gaining a sweep of a foe that almost went to CWS last year.
Stetson is not nearly as good as they were last year. They had 6 guys drafted with one of their guys going first round. they also have 3 of their dudes hurt. not to put a damper on a great series win. but the big series sweep so far this year is North Florida. biggest tests to come is FGCU and Jville.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]