This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We win 9-1.

All baseball fans must be in hibernation with the softball fans.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It's March Madness (aka, basketball season). Play Basketball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I rather watch 1 softball game than all 32 first round basketball games.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bully for you. But you’re in the minority. Big time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Bully for you. But you’re in the minority. Big time.
And right there’s the rub isn’t it! We understand that WBB, is a niche. Certainly improving but understand it’s not the majority’s cup of tea Would never denigrate someone for not liking it and probably understand their reasons.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Agreed 100%. It - like softball - is an acquired taste. And not even all of it do I enjoy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Basketball is basketball, whether men or women playing..
You could not be more wrong.

Never mind on that. Forgot who I was talking to. :roll:

BTW, we beat Hofstra again, 1-0. Hofstra is obviously hitting-impaired, but our pitching has really been stellar. Skirrow, Price and Brabrand combined on the shutout, with Price getting the win and Brabrand his 5th save. He still hasn't given up a run this year in 16 innings.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Today was a grind and displayed the way to beat us. Soft tossing lefties with good control will be an issue for us with all the lefties in our lineup. Hofstra has no hitters. We must have walked 10 guys between skirrow and price but we were able to wiggle out each time. We really need baughman karraker or highfill to step up and give us another gap power rh bat.

Injury wise was karraker hurt? I know hand was still out from offseason surgery. Was good injured as well? He showed decent progress and hasnt seen the mound at all yet.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, with all due respect, have you checked attendance numbers at both? And did you know the girls use a smaller basketball? And most of them can't dunk?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Ballcoach, with all due respect, have you checked attendance numbers at both? And did you know the girls use a smaller basketball? And most of them can't dunk?
I am familiar with attendance and size of ball. But it's 5 on 5 and they play on same size court. And rim is 10 feet from floor. Foul line is 15 feet. Basketball is basketball.

Speaking of basketball , I just passed thru Asheville ,NC, home of UNC-A.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
I am familiar with attendance and size of ball. But it's 5 on 5 and they play on same size court. And rim is 10 feet from floor. Foul line is 15 feet. Basketball is basketball.

I think you’ve already demonstrated your lack of basketball knowledge. Just stick to what you’re good at. Or at least most interested in
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Completely different. Mens game is played above the rim so much more and speed is a huge difference. Otherwise its the same ha
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Well weve had as bad of a start as possible in all 3 phases today. Adametz has been hit hard giving up 7 hits through 3 innings. Nothing offensively and a couple defensive miscues as well.

Cant afford to drop one to these guys. Weve dropped 10 spots a day with the 2 wins. A loss would do real damage.

Theyve shown an ability to come from behind and will need to again.

Edit: rorher loses another in sun. What a disastrous day hes having.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:

Then baseball and softball are the same? Or are they different? How so?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK, you know men's and women's basketball are more closely connected than baseball and women's softball are.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:Answer the question ballcoach.
It's a rather long answer, and I not have time today to answer it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:JK, you know men's and women's basketball are more closely connected than baseball and women's softball are.
Wait? You’re assuming you know what JK knows? He makes a great point. I’d be both interested and surprised if you had an answer
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
As for size of basketball, I once saw 2 high school girl's teams play an entire game , using a boy's ball. Neither the players or the refs noticed it. When I took ball from scorer's table after the game, I saw that it was wrong ball.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
As for size of basketball, I once saw 2 high school girl's teams play an entire game , using a boy's ball. Neither the players or the refs noticed it. When I took ball from scorer's table after the game, I saw that it was wrong ball.
So you agree that they use different sized basketballs
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
This is interesting, but not surprising. I know several females who have no issue shooting with a men’s ball, but most guys have a hard time with the women’s ball for whatever reason. I can’t shoot the smaller one at all.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The only time I dunked a ball was with a girls ball. So that is my contribution to this conversation.

My vertical leap has declined ever since that day. :)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can shoot smaller ball a lot better . But,

I haven't shot a basketball in several years.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]