This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Big one coming up. Uva has been down this year and we havent been able to beat them for several years now. We started to get a few votes in atleast one poll (college baseball daily). If we get this one a sweep of hofstra is likely. We could get real close to top 25 next week.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Should be a good crowd at this game.i will get there after softball game is finished.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:Big one coming up. Uva has been down this year and we havent been able to beat them for several years now. We started to get a few votes in atleast one poll (college baseball daily). If we get this one a sweep of hofstra is likely. We could get real close to top 25 next week.
Problem with home series against teams like maine & hofstra is you better sweep the series even though it can be hard to sweep any team. More confident this year with this pitching staff but still need to score runs. Va is down now in RPI but with conference schedule kicking in it will climb quickly.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
yall do me a favor and beat up their pitching alright? They roll into town tonight after the game. I'll be watching from the office.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Meyer getting lit up in second. Era is 9.35 now :shock:

Also look who is playing outfield. Embry. Look at what our 2 weakest positions are. Corner outfield. It only took 1 series to see that if you know baseball but it was absurd to say that according to several posters haha.
Last edited by jinxy on March 13th, 2019, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Uvas rpi is low because they havent been good. Not even against bad team. Their rpi will only go up if they win and they seem to be a bit down last year and this year.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
They played an extremely tough first weekend and got swept then dropped a game to Seton Hall and William And Mary. and lost a series to duke. Hence why their RPI (which is still meaningless for a team like UVA) is bad right now.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
This inning has been awesome so far.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We erupt for 7 runs and still going. Mathieu with 3 excellent 3/4 swings producing 2bs. Locklear with a TANK shot to left and wags with a big 2 run 2b down 3b line. Guy has 2 hits inning.

Huge if matthieu keeps doing this it will force pitchers to come in to him so he can utilize his power. Lord help him if he learns to use legs and full swing. Those balls will be gone.

4th hoos pitcher of....this inning coming on ha
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
They are young and they aren't throwing dudes. but this new guy looks like a guy my guys will see this weekend. I love the approach at the plate from our guys. off speed away driving it oppo. its beautiful baseball. Taking what the pitcher gives you.
By jweaks
ROTFL! 14-4 and rolling Way to go Flames!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was disappointed with attendance. UVA did not have as many fans as they normally have. And most UVA fans who did come, left early.
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote:I was disappointed with attendance. UVA did not have as many fans as they normally have. And most UVA fans who did come, left early.
It is Spring Break and it's still cool outside, although today was nice. I'm sure attendance will pick up when it's warmer and we have night games.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Meyer getting lit up in second. Era is 9.35 now :shock:

Also look who is playing outfield. Embry. Look at what our 2 weakest positions are. Corner outfield. It only took 1 series to see that if you know baseball but it was absurd to say that according to several posters haha.
Maybe Embry was not catching to give his wrist a break. I hope he heals and is able to stay in the lineup. He was not moved for the reason that you think.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:Big one coming up. Uva has been down this year and we havent been able to beat them for several years now. We started to get a few votes in atleast one poll (college baseball daily). If we get this one a sweep of hofstra is likely. We could get real close to top 25 next week.
Just looked at USA Today top 25 poll. Pollsters are coaches . NM State rpi is 125 and they received 2 points (likely a vote for 24 place). NM's rpi is 120 and they received one point in the voting. Bet you haven't guessed yet that NM & NMS coaches are on the voting board. :D
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
Just looked at USA Today top 25 poll. Pollsters are coaches . NM State rpi is 125 and they received 2 points (likely a vote for 24 place). NM's rpi is 120 and they received one point in the voting. Bet you haven't guessed yet that NM & NMS coaches are on the voting board. :D
NMSU has the #1 and #2 home run leaders in the country and avg some ridiculous amount of runs per game. They are also 14-3. They haven’t played anyone but asu and TTU in midweeks but when you avg 20 runs a game and have two dudes with 11 Hrs this early in the season someone will take notice.
By LUDad
flamesfilmguy wrote:
LUDad wrote:
NMSU has the #1 and #2 home run leaders in the country and avg some ridiculous amount of runs per game. They are also 14-3. They haven’t played anyone but asu and TTU in midweeks but when you avg 20 runs a game and have two dudes with 11 Hrs this early in the season someone will take notice.
As you said, quality of pitching they have faced makes a difference. They have played all their games at home except TT who shut them out. The altitude and low humidity they play in at home reduces their field to the equivalent of a high school ball park. I sure they are great hitters but they do have some home field advantages.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
No question. Hitting at altitude in their park is definitely an advantage. We will see how well they do when they get out of las cruces
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]