This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
From what I see thus far this series may be a bear to watch. Looks like USF simply streams the video to youtube with no commentators and only one camera. Whoever was manning that one camera on the baseball video I looked at didn't even bother to follow the ball flight from time to time. Makes me appreciate what we have at LU!
Last edited by LUDad on March 8th, 2019, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:From what I see thus far this series may be a bear to watch. Looks like UCS simply streams the video to youtube with no commentators and only one camera. Whoever was manning that one camera on the baseball video I looked at didn't even bother to follow the ball flight from time to time. Makes me appreciate what we have at LU!
I think you mean USF?
By LUDad
flamehunter wrote:
LUDad wrote:From what I see thus far this series may be a bear to watch. Looks like USF simply streams the video to youtube with no commentators and only one camera. Whoever was manning that one camera on the baseball video I looked at didn't even bother to follow the ball flight from time to time. Makes me appreciate what we have at LU!
I think you mean USF?
Thanks, my fingers got tongue-t :oops: ied
By LUDad
Camera man is lucky to catch a ball hit to center much less a questionable ball down the line. No video replay today.
By LUDad
LU 6 - USF 4 going into 9th. USF moved up 35 spots into 8th place in RPI. LU in 90th place in RPI. Could be a great win if we hold serve.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Brabrand strikes out the side Flames win 6-4
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
USF leads 1-0 in the middle of the 2nd. USF CF just made an ESPN Top 10 #1 play. He dove for a line drive and doubled up the runner at first.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Tough loss tonight. I like the way this team competes. In the first inning, Guy missed a running catch on a 2-out fly ball that gave USF their first run. It was a fluke play. Jaylen would make that play 999 times out of 1000. Jake Sullivan hit a 2-run HR for USF in the 4th inning on a full count after starting 0-2. His dad is a friend of mine. We were talking before the game about his surprise start at 3rd base. He’s a catcher and hasn’t played 3B since a few games during his freshman year in HS. USF has him in the lineup for his stick. I’m sure Noah would like to have that sequence of pitches back. He paid the price for one pitch that was too good to a big hitter.

Big game tomorrow as we try to take the series. It’s nice to see the team lined up in the dugout in baseball jerseys and not winter parkas.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Our abs with risp and less than 2 out. Woof. Conversely with 2 outs weve been much better. If we canstraighten that out we can do enough on offense to win with this pitching.

Other concern is the load on price and braband. Hopefully we can keep it up and get the series.
By LUDad
With the style game LU is playing, they really need to be a better bunting team.
By jweaks
Great series win on the road.
LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]