This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU leads 4-3 in 6th.

Where have the Sea of Red baseball fans gone ?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Good win against the Hokies. It's hard to watch cold weather baseball even when I'm sitting in the living room. I'm sure the team is looking forward to playing in some baseball weather. They'll get a good opportunity this weekend in Tampa against USF with temps in the 70s and 80s.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, were you there, or just getting scores from TF? :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, were you there, or just getting scores from TF? :oldhag
I got most of my updates off Twitter, and checked box score on live stats a couple of times.
I had to work til 4:00, then get in a bicycle ride. Today may have been only day this week I can ride.

Baseball should enjoy South Florida weather this weekend. (Real baseball weather). Softball also in California with good weather.

Next weekend, I will go to Kennesaw State for softball. I hope Georgia has a heat wave.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Don't count on it. I just got done with 9 innings at kennesaw and it got down to 20.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Nice win. Braband and price are electric right now. We continue to get tons of walks but were still struggling at the plate. Didnt check box score but we must have left 10 to 12 on base. Price and braband had a ton of punchouts too.

Embry was out and backup frosh catcher held his own. Had an rbi single and did have 1 pb that allowed a run to score. Hes not embry but if we can continue to struggle at the plate he might be an option.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:Don't count on it. I just got done with 9 innings at kennesaw and it got down to 20.
That's too cold for baseball or softball. In reality anything under 60 is too cold.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:Don't count on it. I just got done with 9 innings at kennesaw and it got down to 20.
That's too cold for baseball or softball. In reality anything under 60 is too cold.
It was brutal. Hat the 6 figure BTU heaters running full blast all game. We go again tomorrow at our place. if you are bored you can catch it on ACC network on Watch ESPN. Its supposed to be 40 at first pitch and 26 by 8. I'll be the one in a Parka huddled next to the heaters lol
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At the second game of the LU softball double header on Tuesday, it was so cold that some of the girls were wearing hooded sweatshirts over their softball uniforms.
Last edited by Cider Jim on March 6th, 2019, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:At the second game of the LU softball double header on Tuesday, it was so cold that some of the girls were wearing hooded sweatshirts over their baseball uniforms.
I believe the girl's were wearing softball uniforms.

I think the cold weather was why we did not swing the bats well.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Glad to see the staff address the height and athle[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]