This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone know when NCAA releases RPI rankings ?
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote:Does anyone know when NCAA releases RPI rankings ?
Edit: Bad google. Should have looked before grabing the link. Didn't think they would be out till at least mid March. That's why I did Boyd's World.
Last edited by LUDad on March 5th, 2019, 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Warren nolan is your friend. however. RPI means absolutely nothing right now. Case and point undefeated florida state who is ranked top 10 is 74.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It doesnt mean much for p5s but it does mid majors. Its typically harder for teams like us to maintain during conference play but asun and strong midweek should help.

Warren nolan is def the metric to use. Not close either.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:It doesnt mean much for p5s but it does mid majors. Its typically harder for teams like us to maintain during conference play but asun and strong midweek should help.

I guess I can agree with that but you have an RPI saving Series this week with USF and while stetson may be down FGCU and UNF should be RPI boosters on top of the midweek ACC schedule. I sometimes forget that not everyone plays a Full ACC schedule. My guys are sitting in the 70's right now but we have a full conference schedule coming up.
If you guys haven't explored Warren nolan its one of the best sites for college baseball. I love D1Baseball's articles but man the info you get from warren nolan is unmatched, http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/schedule/Liberty
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Side note: that loss to Tennessee is looking better and better every day. ALso USC helped us out a lot by taking the series from Clemson.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Usf series is huge. They were at 21 last night. Winning 2 of 3 on the road would be huge.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:It doesnt mean much for p5s but it does mid majors. Its typically harder for teams like us to maintain during conference play but asun and strong midweek should help.

I agree that WN is the metric to use but Boyd's is the only one publishing RPI's this early in the season. Naturally your going to get big swings from day to day or series to series this early but it can also give you an idea how much difference a win or loss can make, especially a really good win on the road vs a home loss to a bad team. BTW, Liberty jumped about 26 points with the VT win.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Warren nolan is out. We around 70. Usf is 21. You have to poke around.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Virginia Tech beat #1 Florida State, Friday or Saturday. That should help our RPI.
By LUDad
We are going to have to sweep a lot of series the rest of the way to even have a chance at an at large bid. Stetson, NAU, KSU all are well into 200 territory in RPI. FGUC is close to 200.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
True however jacksonville is around 54 and we have 3 there. Were still ok i think. We really need to sweep north alabama and lipscomb the most.

Still have 5 acc games including 4 on the road 3 of which are in the top 100 rpi probably all 5 by the time we get there with uva and wake playing better.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:True however jacksonville is around 54 and we have 3 there. Were still ok i think. We really need to sweep north alabama and lipscomb the most.

Still have 5 acc games including 4 on the road 3 of which are in the top 100 rpi probably all 5 by the time we get there with uva and wake playing better.
Perhaps things are not as dire as I thought. NW predictive rpi has us around 35 which would be good for at least a 3 seed (43-12 regular season record) . Boyd's starts printing their rpi needs report tomorrow. Looks like we should be ok as long as we keep winning at this pace.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
correct. Its all who you lose to. That hofstra loss is the only real bad loss. Love to have that one back.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
21-6 heading into the game tomorrow I believe.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]