This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Question: One site on LU webpage shows the Sunday Delaware game being televised. Yet, it does not show up anywhere else as being televised. Anyone know for sure if it is or is not on ESPN+?

"Feb. 24 vs. Delaware – 1 p.m. (TV: ESPN+ - Radio: LFSN Radio/1320 AM/93.3 FM ESPN)"
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Question: One site on LU webpage shows the Sunday Delaware game being televised. Yet, it does not show up anywhere else as being televised. Anyone know for sure if it is or is not on ESPN+?

"Feb. 24 vs. Delaware – 1 p.m. (TV: ESPN+ - Radio: LFSN Radio/1320 AM/93.3 FM ESPN)"
Not.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Good guys take game 1 5-4
By LUDad
Mathieu seems to be a struggling a bit on defense. Wonder how Baughman is on defense.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Haven't had a chance to listen much this weekend. What was going on with Mathieu? Saw Wagner and Rorher came out today around the 5th, was that injury or pinch hitters? Can't imagine we would pinch hit for either of them.

Solid pitching and defense continues to carry us with just enough hitting. Seems Jackson is going to stick with those same 12 guys with Mydyre Highfill and Heid being the guys off the bench. I know the conditions have been brutal but it would be nice to work a few other guys some at bats if we're not giving up much on defense. I have no idea as all the guys on the bench have no experience.
By LUDad
jinxy wrote:Haven't had a chance to listen much this weekend. What was going on with Mathieu? Saw Wagner and Rorher came out today around the 5th, was that injury or pinch hitters? Can't imagine we would pinch hit for either of them.

Solid pitching and defense continues to carry us with just enough hitting. Seems Jackson is going to stick with those same 12 guys with Mydyre Highfill and Heid being the guys off the bench. I know the conditions have been brutal but it would be nice to work a few other guys some at bats if we're not giving up much on defense. I have no idea as all the guys on the bench have no experience.
Regarding Wagner, it could have been a defensive change seeing we just went up 5-0. However, in the 5th, Wagner did not leg out a infield ball that I believe ended up hitting the bag. Either that or an error. So he was thrown out instead of beating it out.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's a baseball 101 no-no
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Mathieu seems to be a struggling a bit on defense. Wonder how Baughman is on defense.
In today's pregame show he mentioned to Nick Pierce that is an area that he's (Baughman) improving. Not sure if he sees him catching or playing 1st sometime in the future given he is listed on the roster as playing both.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't had a chance to catch a whole game yet this season but from what I have seen, I have been very impressed with the improvements this team has show in really all areas. I really enjoy the plate discipline. Not to bring up the other guy, but that is the thing that always use to frustrate me with our team. That has been corrected with Jackson.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
jinxy wrote:Haven't had a chance to listen much this weekend. What was going on with Mathieu? Saw Wagner and Rorher came out today around the 5th, was that injury or pinch hitters? Can't imagine we would pinch hit for either of them.

Regarding Wagner, it could have been a defensive change seeing we just went up 5-0. However, in the 5th, Wagner did not leg out a infield ball that I believe ended up hitting the bag. Either that or an error. So he was thrown out instead of beating it out.
Wagner was taken out for missing a "hit-n-run" sign when he was runner at 1B. The other player was taken out for not running out the ball that hit 3B bag.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]