This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Season is underway. First of 3 being played in 3-3 in the middle of the 3rd. Cam Locklear picks up 3 RBIs on a bases loaded double in the top of the 3rd with 2 outs.

South Carolina FR -OF Brady Allen hit a 3-run HR in his first collegiate at-bat. He is the younger brother of former LU player, Dylan Allen.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Will Wagner hits a solo shot with two outs in the top of the 9th to tie up the score 4-4.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
6-5 Flames headed to bottom of 11th. Need 3 outs.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on the opening day WIN. :clapping
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Huge gritty win. Staff has the makings of being very good if they can add 2 or 3 more contributors.

Wagner and mathieu looked improved and confident. Truly believe the key to the season will be outfield and dh production. If we can at least get a couple of those spots to produce then we will be fine. Not sure we have that yet.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:2 SEC wins today, plus a Big 10 win. Power 5 Ready
Come on ballcoach. The wins over A&M and SC are certainly legit. However, I believe you are on record as saying on more than one occasion that the B1G is "weak" in softball, and Rutgers is a bottom feeder there. That's a game we should have won, and unlike the Duke game we did.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Come on ballcoach. The wins over A&M and SC are certainly legit. However, I believe you are on record as saying on more than one occasion that the B1G is "weak" in softball, and Rutgers is a bottom feeder there. That's a game we should have won, and unlike the Duke game we did.
Wow. I totally forgot Rutgers was in the B1G
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Wow. I totally forgot Rutgers was in the B1G
Kinda hard to believe, isn't it? That was a TOTALLY market-driven move, and to say it has not panned out as planned is the understatement of the century. Can you say "buyer's remorse"?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Market driven is hurting college sports in some cases.

Remember back in the BCS days, many were calling for Big East to lose their automatic bid to BCS bowl. What did the ACC then do, they invited some BE schools to join ACC. As far as I am concerned, the ACC polluted the conference by "merging with Big East".

I know most will disagree with my opinion, but that's how I feel.
By LUDad
Driving down to game today. Interested in seeing more of the pitching staff. Command looked impressive yesterday except for freshman that was too amped up. Situation just did not allow him time enough to settle in before being pulled. Lack of command cost us a number of games last year. 14 k's / 5 BB in first game, sweet!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Game 2 is underway.

Sophomore pitcher Mason Meyer looked shaky and walked in 2 runs while only recording 1 strikeout. Pitching change in the first and LU is down 3-0 and the bases are loaded. Rough start.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know why Kevin Keys is doing PxP? He's not Nick, but he's not bad. That guy is the Swiss Army Knife of Liberty's athletic department.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]