This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Flamepop
Registration Days Posts
If you want to build excitement about a team you need rivals. Now that Coastal is gone who are our rivals, that team you love to beat? Remember all the red "Beat Coastal" t shirts, I can't recall one saying "Beat GWebb" or "Let's get Ashville". If you can't find someone you love to hate good luck getting students to love the program.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wasn't that a manufactured rivalry, created by JB who bought all those "Beat Coastal" T-shirts? We even had our Quiz Bowl team wearing those to travel to our BSC tournament in Conway.
Last edited by Cider Jim on June 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cider Jim wrote:Wasn't that a manufactured rivalry, created by JB who bought all those "Beat Coastal" T-shirts? We even had our Quiz Bowl team wearing those to travel to our BSC tourament in Conway.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:ballcoach actually makes a valid point. A local in the MB area has all the opportunity in the world to go to the beach. If they do it during a football game, it´s a reflection on how they feel about the football program, not the beach. I admittedly have a unique perspective, but personally I wouldn´t cross the street to go to the actual beach there.
Agree 100%. To me the ONLY thing attractive about MB is the number of good golf courses. Of course, I am not a teenage kid either. 8)
By LUDad
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Coastal has a hard time developing a fan base because they are 8 miles from Myrtle. If you had your choice of going to the beach or a Coastal game, what would you choose?
That will always be their biggest issue for football and baseball.
On the other hand, that beach and the night life is a huge magnet that draws recruits. Same for UNCW and Wrightsville beach.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There's been a lot of talk on message board about a lack of roster for LU baseball at times. Well LU is not alone. I was in the Danville Braves Office (rookie league team) this morning, and they are still waiting for Atlanta Braves to send them a roster. Season opens tomorrow.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There's been a lot of talk on message board about a lack of roster for LU baseball at times. Well LU is not alone. I was in the Danville Braves Office (rookie league team) this morning, and they are still waiting for Atlanta Braves to send them a roster. Season opens tomorrow.
Looks like they’re going with the sandlot roster of 9 players.

http://m.milb.com/t429/roster
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]