This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So if im reading the brackets and standings correctly we would play Radford around 1 pm tuesday? Not a great draw. We havent played them all that well the last few years.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Attendance at baseball game is pitiful. LU had more fans in Columbia Sunday than are here today.

1-1 in 4th inning
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Attendance at baseball game is pitiful. LU had more fans in Columbia Sunday than are here today.

1-1 in 4th inning
Are you surprised? The students are gone, public schools are still in, and the rest of us productive members of society are "working."
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
It looks like Tre Todd may have played his last game in LU uniform unless we can win the BSC. Strained oblique should keep him out about a week (or more). Those things tend to heal very slowly.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Radford fans were much louder than the LU fans. :blahblah :blahblah :blahblah
It almost felt like I was at an away game on my own campus.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Radford may have had more fans than LU.
Winning has a way of producing that. The interest is low, because no one expects us to show well in the tournament this year. We just aren't very good.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
Winning has a way of producing that. The interest is low, because no one expects us to show well in the tournament this year. We just aren't very good.
We've won more games this year than Radford.
By LUDad
flameshaw wrote:
No one expected anything out of LU in 2013. Right now we are 29-25. We were 29-27 in 2013 right after we had lost first game in the BS tournament. We when on to win tournament, beating both Coastal and Campbell on the final day. Went on to beat Clemson twice in NCAA regional. Final record was 36-29. This year we don't have to contend with Coastal nor do we have to win two games the last day. So it is "possible"
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If my math is correct, LU softball won exactly 20 more games than LU baseball. :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A fellow told me in February, that baseball would have a better winning percentage than softball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:A fellow told me in February, that baseball would have a better winning percentage than softball.
Reliable source there.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, that fellow needs "coached up." :lol:
Is today's LU game at 9:30 or 1:30? Ballcoach's fellow is telling me 9:30, but ESPN is telling me 1:30. :frustrated
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
No one expected anything out of LU in 2013. Right now we are 29-25. We were 29-27 in 2013 right after we had lost first game in the BS tournament. We when on to win tournament, beating both Coastal and Campbell on the final day. Went on to beat Clemson twice in NCAA regional. Final record was 36-29. This year we don't have to contend with Coastal nor do we have to win two games the last day. So it is "possible"
Absolutely, but no one is expecting that to be the case. If we would have been playing better at the end of the year and had more good wins, during the year, the interest would be sky high. That has been proven, many times over. We really don't have to look any further than LU softball to see how much interest winning and anticipation of same, creates interest and attendance. No one hopes we win the tournament more than I do. I just don't expect us to compete well, or I would make the long drive and be in the stands. (Even though it is too hot for my liking) 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anytime it's hot for a baseball (or softball) game at Liberty University, just remember all those "cold" games in February, March and April.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:A fellow told me in February, that baseball would have a better winning percentage than softball.
W/L %

Softball: .778
Baseball .537
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Up 1-0 on CSU in the 5th. Skirrow pitching well with 7 ks. Looks like Todd left the game after 2 AB. Anyone know if he is hurt?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Now leading 4-0. the third run came on a squeeze bunt from Mathieu, and then Highfill triples to drive in the 4th. Looking at Skirrow's pitch count, unless he is really effecient, I don't see him going 9.

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]