This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Final score 4-2 Flames, as Price closes it out and and Jackson is off the schneid in the BSC tournament. Question now is who pitches tomorrow? I suppose Tarantola will start. After that ??????
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Excuse my uninformed post above about Todd. Apparently he tried to go with the oblique muscle injury he suffered yesterday and had to come out after 2 ABs.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its pretty much a crapshoot pitching wise. Same it has been all year. Roll with tarantola for as far as he can go. We will have to hit better to even have a pumchers chance.

As far as interest goes. This baseball season has less interest than any season i can remember since 03. Thats what 2 or 3 mediocore at best seasons will do to you along with virtually no pitching.

As far as that 2013 team. That team had talent and under performed most of the year then put it toghether. We dont have remotely the type of talent this year that we had then.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Who we play next ? And when ?
Should be against the High Point/Radford loser 45 min. after the end of the 12:00 game between Campbell and G-Webb tomorrow.

High Point won 6-3, so we get the Highlanders again.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
You're correct. CSU & Longwood are out. Campbell and HPU have not lost. Other teams remaining are playing elimination games each time they play. I followed a lot of tournaments across the country yesterday. It's amazing how many of them poorly present brackets/standings/results online in an easy to find manner. I'm having flashbacks to 2005.

Use this link to look at the schedule. http://bigsouthsports.com/calendar.aspx Select begin date of May 22nd and Sport Baseball.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Tournaments can be confusing, There are many different formats for conference tournaments. My "favorite" is the ACC's Pool play. It's not single elimination, but lose one game and you're basically done.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Troy Todd is in the starting lineup at DH against Radford. Not sure how well he will swing the bat with an oblique injury, but at least he won't have to throw.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Troy Todd is in the starting lineup at DH against Radford. Not sure how well he will swing the bat with an oblique injury, but at least he won't have to throw.
We really have no one else? Not sure how not playing 100% is going to help us? I'm not a college baseball player, but had the same injury a few months ago and it was painful. Had to take a few weeks off and even then I was still feeling it for the first few times back playing basketball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
olldflame wrote:Troy Todd is in the starting lineup at DH against Radford. Not sure how well he will swing the bat with an oblique injury, but at least he won't have to throw.
We really have no one else? Not sure how not playing 100% is going to help us? I'm not a college baseball player, but had the same injury a few months ago and it was painful. Had to take a few weeks off and even then I was still feeling it for the first few times back playing basketball.
I have to believe they had him take some BP swings and watched him closely. He is by far our best hitter, so I would say he doesn't need to be 100% to help us, but he needs to be able to take a full cut, not just slap at the ball. If he can't, I'd say we are better off with Mathieu in there.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Showing a little grit to scratch out a win. Role reversals as suddenly the pitching is carrying the hitting. Unfortunately we are just about out of pitching. We could probably get 6 or 7 from clinton and bertsch and then it gets really hairy. If we do much of anything tomorrow it will be impressive.

The thought of winning game 1 would mean we would need to get 9 out of stamper hand brockman etc haha. Then if you really want to get crazy imagine what saturday would have to look like. No idea. Dont think we will have to worry about it but i could see us getting one win tomorrow.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
It might be Clinton, Bertsch, and Brockman 3 innings each or some combination. I believe Hand is "unavailable" and not sure about Stout.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
There is something magical about watching an extra inning, walk-off dinger leave the yard, esp. against Radford. :shock: :clapping

TF and I were there to witness it; too bad ballcoach missed it. :roll:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ball coach was at work, making up for time lost for softball, the past 3 weeks.

If lucky, I will get caught up by Fall Softball Season.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Best case is probably 4 max 5 from clinton. Bertsch probably has 2 or 3. To survive tomorrow stamper would probably have to give us 6 plus in a potential game 2.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]