This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ball coach was at work.
The game didn't start until around 4:00. TF said you went home to take a NAP. :boring
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
It seems Nick Pierce keeps making reference to 2013 and the similarities so far in this tournament. In 2013, we had 8 solid arms with Josh Richardson, Trey Lambert and Ashton Perritt pitching lights out in the tournament if my memory serves me well. This year . . . . . .??
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:There is something magical about watching an extra inning, walk-off dinger leave the yard, esp. against Radford. :shock: :clapping

TF and I were there to witness it; too bad ballcoach missed it. :roll:
Hate I missed it, I have family in the hospital doing very poorly. Good job.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Now that softball is over and I am slowly coming up to speed on baseball, I have heard Clinton will start game 1 tomorrow.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, you got that from the same source I had. :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As for all the comparisons being made to 2013, I we was told that at the game we were at Tuesday. Maybe before the first pitch.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Seems like we have turned a bunch of double plays in this tourney. Looks like maybe Highfill has been a defensive upgrade. Up 5-3 in the top of the 5th.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Highfield's the man!
He has definitely been a difference maker in this tournament with both the bat and the glove.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pitchers who are rested:

Stamper
Brockman
Hand
Good
Barker
Riley

I doubt if we see Skirrow tonight. He no doubt will start tomorrow if we win.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We are not the only ones scraping the bottom of the pitching barrell. G-Webb is starting their closer, and HP is going with a pitcher who is 1-4 with an ERA of almost 6. Both had pitched less than 33 innings this year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Great run so far by jackson and co. Gotta try stamper ans hope he can go 5 plus. Need the bats to give some breathing room.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
HP gets 6 shutout innings from their starter, who had a 5.90 ERA and leads 4-0. His replacement has an ERA of 5.91.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]