This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hokies come to Lynchburg tonight. I have been so caught up in softball, this game almost snuck by me.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Great crowd. Tough game to watch. Pitching just isnt even giving us a chance right now. Got virtually nothing from dj todd and matthieu and still scratched 4 across. If pitching doesnt improve we will be another quick 2 and bbq in the tourney.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
All the fans that were at baseball should be at softball this weekend. I believe attendance was at 2700+.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:All the fans that were at baseball should be at softball this weekend. I believe attendance was at 2700+.
You'll have a hard time convincing all the Tech fans that were there to come to Winthrop vs LU softball.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Now thats funny. There was maybe 100 tech fans there and most of them probably knew nothing about baseball. It was 80 degrees it was mostly students and lu fans.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's great the students support baseball, but I can't understand why they not support softball. Of 15,000 on campus students, one would think at least 1,000 would support softball. I think the Marketing Department or some department should do more to get the students out to softball.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That’s presuming you already know everything they do.

The atmosphere that would entice students would also require a lot of the things you despise: noise, music, between-inning promotions, etc.

Attention in women’s sports requires grassroots marketing. People are more likely to come when they KNOW the players. I’m not saying every effort isn’t already made to make that happen. I’m saying the marketing department has to combine efforts with players. If players aren’t willing, there’s virtually nothing marketing can do.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:That’s presuming you already know everything they do.

The atmosphere that would entice students would also require a lot of the things you despise: noise, music, between-inning promotions, etc.

Attention in women’s sports requires grassroots marketing. People are more likely to come when they KNOW the players. I’m not saying every effort isn’t already made to make that happen. I’m saying the marketing department has to combine efforts with players. If players aren’t willing, there’s virtually nothing marketing can do.
He not know Marketing
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]