This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Nice start. Drove down to catch the game. Coach turned loose the bats. Came down last year, shagged Sammy's two HR balls hit to right field and gave them to Sammy's dad.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:14-8 win. Bats were certainly more active. Looks like DJ is getting into a groove.
A couple of weeks ago I was getting a bit concerned about DJ's bat. He has pulled out of that season long slump big-time. We still drew 12 walks yesterday, so it's not like we abandoned the disciplined approach to be super-aggressive. Just took better advantage of opportunities. In fact, we only outhit G-W 15-13. It was largely the 12-4 advantage in walks that got us the W.
By LUDad
Hopefully, he just sleep in an awkard postion Thursday night. He was rubbing his shoulder. Iwould be more concerned of he was rubbing his elbow or forearm.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can't believe the lack of posts on the Gardner Webb series. I guess everyone was focused on the football board with offensive linemen offers to 2 star athletes.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im as hard core of a baseball fan as there is. That being said baseball is becoming a tough follow. Things seem to be sat on very tight and were a 500 program the last 3 or 4 years. Pitching just seems to keep getting worse wvery year though at least its mostly young kids this year. Maybe its just me but the cirlce i run in the buzz is just gone from the baseball program. I cant stand watching 10 pitching changes and a total inability of our staff to make it through 5 innings. Thats just me though.

Losing degroat certainly hurt as he would draw but the only real exciting players to me are artis and todd.
By Jonathan Carone
This year is tough. It’s showing how bad things had gotten before Jackson took over. We are super young with two weekend starters out for the year. The future looks positive but it’s gonna take some time to get there. It makes baseball less fun to follow and even less fun to talk about.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]