This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Which LU team will have best winning percentage this season, baseball or softball ?

I had a discussion with a baseball guru yesterday, he says baseball, I say softball.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I had a discussion with a baseball guru yesterday, he says baseball, I say softball.
Is that what TF calls himself now? :dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I gave him that title.
It sounds like TF is "coaching you up!" :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, did you and TF make a friendly gentleman's wager on this bet?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like he is all talk and no action (or, "all hat and no cattle", as they say in Texas). :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Sounds like he is all talk and no action (or, "all hat and no cattle", as they say in Texas). :lol:
Typical
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When he made comment, I asked him, "how much money do you have" ?
While I have no clue as to specifics of either of your finances, my first thought on that would be "more than you". 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No one has answered the original question, "which team will have best winning percentage, baseball or softball".

As usual, some try to turn every thread into some kind of soap opera.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No one has answered the original question, "which team will have best winning percentage, baseball or softball".

Ahhhhh, no. It's called having fun. Lighten up.

They both should go undefeated, making it a push.

Seriously, with the momentum the ladies have from the tourney win, I expect them to have a better record if I had to pick one. (but I don't).
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No one has answered the original question, "which team will have best winning percentage, baseball or softball".

Surprised CJ hasn't admonished you yet but it should be "better" winning percentage since there are only two being compared. :fineprint

As for the question I think softball will have the better percentage of wins.
By AFF
Baseball has many new faces from a year ago! Tons of JUCOs that bring depth and competition. More depth than last year in my opinion. So we will have to wait and see how that plays out over the season.

How bout we just get them to play best of 7 alternating between SB and BB :D :D
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I may be wrong but i think baseball will struggle to win 25 games unless a lot of pitching shows up. Once i looked at the roster it's startling how little known pitching we have. If Degroat, Price & Bertsch all have excellent seasons then we might up it 5 to 7 wins.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Will DeGroat be a starter or the closer ?
SumItUp wrote:One of those pitchers will not record an out this season.
Injured?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]