This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Serious? I dont have any inside sources anymore so i havent heard anything. 25 might be a stretch now.
He is being cryptic, but Sumitup does have sources. Hoping it's not DeGroat who is out, but it doesn't sound good. Looks like we will need a couple of the new pitchers to step up, or it could be a long season.
By Jonathan Carone
Oops. Just realized I didn’t respond last night. I was trying to come up with some pun about Tommy John but couldn’t think of anything then forgot to respond. It’s Jack. Had TJ a month or two ago I think. Should be back by next season.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
You guys are killing me. It would have to be Price then. Bertsch already had TJ surgery so it would be career ending if it was him. I was thinking the timeline didn't make sense, the last interview with Jackson about 2 weeks ago he was still talking about Degroat being the Friday night guy.
By Jonathan Carone
I double checked. It was Degroat who had Tommy John. My timeline was off (it was earlier this month, not a month or two ago) but it was definitely Jack.

We are also down McInvale (Baylor via juco transfer) as well.

It’ll be a tough year this year but getting those two back with the experience the young guys get this year could make for a solid 2019 season.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
AFF wrote:I'm pretty confident (100%) no one saw Degroat throwing a few days ago.
It was definitely in the last 7 to 10 days anyway. I was at the stadium and I know jack DeGroat when I see him.
By AFF
Chippy wrote:
AFF wrote:I'm pretty confident (100%) no one saw Degroat throwing a few days ago.
It was definitely in the last 7 to 10 days anyway. I was at the stadium and I know jack DeGroat when I see him.

Sorry Chippy..he must have a twin because he had the surgery before the team reported back this year. Regardless it doesn't really matter we will not have this year...I wish him a speedy recovery. Like John said next year could be solid with those two coming off injury and kids getting the extra innings/experience. However, I wouldn't count this year out just yet. The pitching seems capable and the offense should produce taking some pressure off DJ.
By Jonathan Carone
I’m not counting us out this year. I said earlier I think we are a year away from being a year away. We are two years removed from back to back terrible finishes in the league under Toman. Jackson is having to completely rebuilt the team because we were awfully thin in some places when he got here. We should be in the top half of the league this year but I don’t expect us to compete for the title.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im not counting us out im just saying if i had to guess on wins id around 27 knowing degroat is out now and we have very little experienced pitching returning. The schedule is certianly managebale and the offense should be able to put up some runs with artis and yacyk returning to health. It will all depend on what the unproven pitching does which is really the entire team being how bertsch pitched last year and how price faded. You just dont know until you see them against d1 comp. tarantola and clinton could really help too.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]