This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I was about to say, "summon the irrational angry pitchfork wielding mob calling for his immediate firing"
:dontgetit
Well that comment certainly came from out of nowhere. Thanks for taking it there bj. :roll:
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I was about to say, "summon the irrational angry pitchfork wielding mob calling for his immediate firing"
really? :dontgetit

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to next year. Another year of Artis, Yacyk and Brady come back from injuries, and adding some very good juco hitters in Karraker, Todd and O'Connor. More importantly we can possibly have two shutdown pitchers in Little and Degroat. Little, Degroat and Price would be a very good weekend rotation.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Very disappointing tournament. Worried that we actually played better during the first part of the year and seemed to digress towards the latter part.
Hopefully, we can make some big strides next year with some of the new guys coming in. We should dominate the BSC year after year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
FH and Ballah- that was supposed to be said tongue in cheek. Calling for a first year coach's dismissal would be the height of stupid IMO
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Bertsch and locklear are 2 keys as well. Both have huge potential but struggled all year.

Ballah what position are they looking at brady for?
Will Shepherd struggled all year. A summer all-star the last couple summers to moving out of the 3 hole and eventually finding his way on the bench - now that's struggling.

I think the coaching staff got as much as possible out of the pitching staff which was basically the same ineffective staff as last year. They were much improved with far fewer walks and much better team ERA. If we can get some reliable pitchers for next year and replace Barbee's bat we should be good - Barbee was the anti-Shepherd. I agree that if Bertsch can improve and with DeGroat and Little we should compete with Winthrop who have the 3 best starters in the conference even without their ace, Matt Crohan, who has been out all year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It's his first year Beej nobody is going to be calling for his head.
In fairness, BJ did characterize those who theoretically would call for Jackson's head as crazies. Nobody that crazy has shown up yet, nor do I expect it
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The craziest I could recall was Trott but I think he disappeared when Toman left
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Bertsch and locklear are 2 keys as well. Both have huge potential but struggled all year.

Ballah what position are they looking at brady for?
C and 1b.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Bertsch is a bit of a WC since he is a R-Junior and I believe graduated a couple weeks ago. If he comes back for his 5th year he will be one of the foundational pitchers for the staff along with the aforementioned DeGroat as far as upperclassmen go...will Little be a freshman or a transfer?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At least it wasn't Longwood. :nono
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]