This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Flames give up 2 in the 9th to drop the game 6-5. We walked in the winning run :x
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Walk in the winning run...................... unbelievable. Lose 6-5. Wish I had a dollar for every time LU chokes away a game. We don't have the pitching to be very good right now. Will be very surprised to see us win the conference.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Mariano Rivera was not available :D Coach Jackson has no reliable arm in the starting rotation or in the pen. All have shown flashes but no one has been consistent - the closest may be Mitchell as a starter. We'll have a whole new pitching staff next year with all the seniors graduated. Hopefully, there will be some good and reliable arms and sprinkle in a couple left handers. I think Jackson may be setting up Degraot to pitch this w/e and the tournament. It might be DeGroat, Mitchell, Clinton and maybe Bertsch for the tournament.
Last edited by Chippy on May 17th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We miss Honors Program alumnus Alex Close in the bullpen. Crybaby
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
It seems that the first half of the season our pitching, starting and especially bullpen, was carrying us. Now it's a bit of a crap shoot. Clinton may be the only one I can think of who has come on stronger recently, though he was used very little early on.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Did Tarantola get hurt? He had a great road start at elon then i know he got roughed up his next start. The way most of those guys were pitching maybe we should give him another shot. An at large is def shot after last night.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
it was shot before we played the game. only shot we had at an at large bid was beating usc and uva and probably winning at least one more vs. St. Johns. you're not going to get an at large going well under .500 against top 100 RPI teams. especially when your RPI isn't above 50.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I actually disagree with that. I think if you get inside of 45 in the rpi with multiple top 25 wins your in. Had we have beaten duke and vcu swept presby and finished 2nd in the tourney we would had a great shot. The vcu loss put us on life support then duke finished it off imho.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Win BSC tournament, go to NCAA tournament. Once tournament starts, it's a new season.

Just ask Longwood softball team. They were not the best team , but they won tournament.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Win BSC tournament, go to NCAA tournament. Once tournament starts, it's a new season.

Just ask Longwood softball team. They were not the best team , but they won tournament.
I would argue that over the last 2-3 weeks of the season that they were the best team. They beat the Lady Flames 4 out of 6 games.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I actually disagree with that. I think if you get inside of 45 in the rpi with multiple top 25 wins your in. Had we have beaten duke and vcu swept presby and finished 2nd in the tourney we would had a great shot. The vcu loss put us on life support then duke finished it off imho.
My point was you needed those wins i went over earlier to get within the top 45 rpi. we didn't get them and we are outside the top 50 in RPI. Duke was 110 last night in RPI so they actually hurt you by losing to a lower RPI team more than they would have helped by winning.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Understood, we were at 53 before duke. Road win and we would have been at 50. Sweep presby and we would have been at 45. Finish 2nd in tourney and were inside top 45

Nick just said degroat is back in rotation.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]