This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
With Graybow looking good in relief this weekend, I wonder if DeGroat will start or see extended action over next few days?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We certainly need to get the pitching staff in order. We desparately need to get degroat quarterly and evans back to where they were.
By LUDad
DeGroat started off nicely as a closer but I think he got out of sorts by trying to throw too hard.

Last year he pitched in BS tournment on May 24th and gave up 1 hit & 0 runs in 7 innings. He came back on May 28th and pitched complete game against Coastal and gave up 1 run on 3 hits to the eventual national champs.

His arm is rested this year. If he gets back in form, he can carry us in tournment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:We certainly need to get the pitching staff in order. We desparately need to get degroat quarterly and evans back to where they were.
Quarterly's last outing was encouraging. I agree with those who are saying we should look at moving DeGroat back into the starting rotation, especially with Grabowski looking so good his last couple of trips to the mound.. As far as Evans is concerned, he way exceeded expectations with his performance earlier in the year after pitching ineffectively in limited innings his 3 prior years in the program. Hard to know if he has anything left in the tank.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Best case scenario with early 5 run lead. Hopefully evans can keep it going and give 6 or 7 good innings and save pitching.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm in the house for this one. Maybe I should've brought a sleeping bag and tent. This is going to be a long one.

First game seen in the new ballpark. Amazing place.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm in the house for this one. Maybe I should've brought a sleeping bag and tent. This is going to be a long one.

Nacho update?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I'm in the house for this one. Maybe I should've brought a sleeping bag and tent. This is going to be a long one.

Nacho update?
I've heard awful reviews on here. Just got some fries. Hitting up cookout if this game ever ends. I've never been there either.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:12-5 LU in 6th (I believe it's 6th)

Plate Umpire has small strike zone. Both teams have 8 BB each.
The strike zone has been a bit tight but the pitching has been pretty awful.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
So much for DeGroat (sp), starting, he is pitching the 8th tonight. Going to make for a loooooong day tomorrow with such a late game tonight and have to travel all the way to Columbia.
By LUDad
flameshaw wrote:So much for DeGroat (sp), starting, he is pitching the 8th tonight. Going to make for a loooooong day tomorrow with such a late game tonight and have to travel all the way to Columbia.
Perhaps they could stretch him out a bit by bringing him into the game around the 6th-7th inning if the need arises.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Heading into this weekend we are #2 in the conference standings. We're gonna need at least 5 guys able to give us starters innings because the way the tournament sets up, if we lost our first game (which would be Tuesday morning if the standings hold), we would have to win 5 games in 5 days to win the conference. A win in our first two games gives us a much needed day off Thursday to set up for a possible doubleheader Friday for a spot in the championship and give us depth to call.

Cursory look at the stats shows 7 pitchers who have started at least once for us, but only 4 with at least 5 starts so we'd need one or two more by my guess.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Not a fan of jacksons pitching decisions lately, especially from the pen. Stafford last week now gamble. Go with best guys in tough spots. Gamble and stafford are not our best guys.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Not a fan of jacksons pitching decisions lately, especially from the pen. Stafford last week now gamble. Go with best guys in tough spots. Gamble and stafford are not our best guys.
Actually Gamble is the best option out of the pen. You may want to check his season stats. Tonight was not his night.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
No chance. You might want to watch more bassball. Grabowski is hotter and quarterly and degroat are better options. Thsy wss the key spot of the gane. Cant close it if you dont get there. Gambles stuff doesnt translate well against top comp.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:No chance. You might want to watch more bassball. Grabowski is hotter and quarterly and degroat are better options. Thsy wss the key spot of the gane. Cant close it if you dont get there. Gambles stuff doesnt translate well against top comp.
So much for Grabowski beung hot. 9-6 Gamecocks on a 2 run homer. Too early to go with DeGroat when he pitched last night. Quarterly may have been an option.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
That came across as snarky. Didnt mean it to be. Grabowski was hot and he may have gotten beat up to i just like to get beat with my best guys and quartertly and degroat are your best guys. I like what jackson has done this year minus handling of the bullpen. Feels like we have wasted degroat.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]