This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We are about to lose our 2nd straight to the team that just got swept by Presby. :oops:

I really think sometimes winning a blowout like we did over JMU can hurt more than it helps. I believe we had a similar problem after routing VT either last year or the year before.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Terrible effort this weekend so far. Outplayed and out coached.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Something is out of whack. Pitching not good. Hitting not good.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Pitching and hitting havent really changed THAT much in a couple days ballcoach. I think its more the aftereffects from our utter destruction of JMU in the midweek game.

Last year we beat Tech 22-7 in a midweek game...what'd we do that next weekend series? Lost two of three to Kent State and scored a combined 5 runs...
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop's starting pitcher yesterday is VERY good. 90-93 mph fastball and good offspeed pitches - and at 5-1 with a 2.00 ERA, he's only a freshman. That may explain some of the hitting woes. Price could not consistently find the plate with his curveball and left his fastball out over the plate a little too often. He still will be good over the next couple years either as a starter or in the pen where I think he will be really good
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Not a fan of jacksons managing of the pitching staff at all this weekend. He has had such a short leash on mitchell all year.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Pitching and hitting havent really changed THAT much in a couple days ballcoach. I think its more the aftereffects from our utter destruction of JMU in the midweek game.

Last year we beat Tech 22-7 in a midweek game...what'd we do that next weekend series? Lost two of three to Kent State and scored a combined 5 runs...
The pitching this weekend is totally uncharacteristic of what we've seen most of the year. And the hitting is dead. Ballcoach isn't always wrong just because he's ballcoach.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My point is, this is an offensive hangover after the explosion we had the two games prior to the WU series. We had 39 runs in two games, and I don't think that we would have changed that significantly unless we had some sort of aftereffect
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's hoping this offensive hangover doesn't carry into next week...Flames lose 13-2, scoring a combined 9 runs while getting swept.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Ugly weekend. Pitchers were hanging pitches all weekend and the situation hitting was Brutal.
By LUDad
BJWilliams wrote:Pitching and hitting havent really changed THAT much in a couple days ballcoach. I think its more the aftereffects from our utter destruction of JMU in the midweek game.

Same thing with CSU. We beat them 17-3 and then lose three straight. We get a hangover after thsee big hitting games.

I also think the team should consider streaching DeGrout out to a starting role. I think he's more effective when he's not trying to throw so hard.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Made the game today. Wintrope has a solid team. Looking forwarded to seeing them in the BS tourney.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Saw the games Friday and Saturday. Not that impressed with Winthrop's pitching, we just couldn't hit anything, or when we did, it was right to someone. WU hit us hard all weekend. Even their outs were loud. Made some mental errors that were pretty basic plays, ie. throwing to the wrong base. Don't see us having the pitching to go very far in the tournament without some significant improvement.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We were bad in all phases of baseball this weekend. Never thought Wintrop could win 2 much less all 3. For whatever the reason we not come to play.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We were bad in all phases of baseball this weekend. Never thought Wintrop could win 2 much less all 3. For whatever the reason we not come to play.
Not sure I would use those words, but clearly something was not right this weekend. It's almost like our team computer was infected by a virus against JMU. Hopefully Jackson can do a system reset to April 9.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Wintrope :D beat us without their best pitcher, preseason pitcher of the year, Crohan who is out for the year. Their pitching with 2 frosh starters, was better and their hitting was really good this weekend. We will have to win the BSC tournament now. We have already lost 5 BSC home games :( Seems we play better away from home.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]