This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Surprised that there no post on here for this game.

Good pitching today.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Okay, here's one. The music - Black Sabbath and AC/DC?! I thought we were a Christian University?! At least Matt Allen has Christian walk-up song. Oh yea, and the game was great with great pitching from first to last inning!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm a Christian and I listen to both
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Only walk up music I like is Christian. Couple exceptions are Rocky Top for someone from TN or Country Roads for West VA player.

But I rather have no music after national anthem is played. When music is played between pitches it's too much.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Surprised that there no post on here for this game.

Good pitching today.

was meaning to but long day at work & meeting at church.

Pitching was good yesterday. This is a decent JMU team, they beat Coastal earlier in the year.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
JMU came in I think in the top 10 nationally in team BA, around .333. We gave up 3 hits. That is excellent pitching although I haven't looked at JMU's schedule to see who they've been hitting against.
By LUDad
What makes the pitching even more impressive is that it was spread over 4 pitchers and none of them were Cabel Evans.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Oh, and only 1 walk with 9 K's, no HBP, 116 pitches and 80 for strikes. What game last year did we even come close to those numbers. I like the new approach to pitching. A lot of the same guys but very different results.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I wish I could go back and listen to audio archives and catch the pitch ratios. I think we are throwing more fastballs and more first pitch strikes instead of trying to get cute with the breaking stuff but again Id need to check if the numbers bear that out
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote:Oh, and only 1 walk with 9 K's, no HBP, 116 pitches and 80 for strikes. What game last year did we even come close to those numbers. I like the new approach to pitching. A lot of the same guys but very different results.
Sounds like our recruiting was on point, we just weren't using everyone correctly. I was listening to the post game of Scott where he said the coaches were coming up to him about stealing and other decisions. There are a few takeaways from that.

Scott Jackson has established chain of command. I'm sure we could point to some coaches that let position coaches do their thing without interfering.

Position coaches are comfortable approaching Jackson about ingame adjustments. Again, I'm sure there are a few egos that can't handle someone seeing something before them.

Scott Jackson listens to his coaches when they do approach him. It may not happen every time, but knowing he is capable of hearing and applying suggested adjustments is comforting.

Scott Jackson gives credit to his coaches for their success. And unless someone has heard him blame a coach for a bad decision, he is being the textbook leader giving credit and taking blame. People will follow those kinds of leaders into war.

Just my .02. I don't watch baseball like I used to, but I know leadership when I hear it.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ive only been able to see one game live and watch one but ive noticed three big differences. They have simplified a lot of the guys movements and cut down unnecessary movement which makes it difficult to repeat mechanics. They have also pitched backwards to a lot of good hitting teams keeping them off balance. Would have loved to see if they could have straightened out parker bean.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I'm a Christian and I listen to both
I've seen AC DC in concert. Thought Dio had one of the best voices in music. Iommi has influenced a ton of guitarists.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]