This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
We've got our hands full this weekend. Watching Kansas State team beating #4 South Carolina 6 to 5 in the 7th.

Edit: KS wins 6-5.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'd redshirt him but his pro prospects will depend on how he recovers because scouts are going to be monitoring that I'm certain. Tough break for one of our leaders on the field
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Said he plans to come back for year 5. Really needs to try to rebuild draft stock. Labrum is tough injury to regain strength from.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Go to journey app multi stream flames sports. If Grabowski is our Friday guy were in trouble. Not saying he can't help but he's not Friday starter material.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Your welcome. Its almost always there when you cant find it other places. Solid scrappy win tonight. Grabowski helps us with the bat and on mound. Just not sure hes our friday guy. That being said not sure we have a friday guy with degroat in the pen. Bertsch has the stuff to be but hes rusty coming off tj surgery.

Its the taormina and quarterly show tonight. Sammy is white hot right now.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Tough day for locklear so far. Costing us big time today. Poor baserunning and defense cost us about 5 runs. Might have to make a change at ss. Locklear has the talent but you cant boot routine grounders and make repeated base running errors.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hook a true freshman ss in his sixth college game ever? Pardon my saying but I'm glad you're not the coach jinxy
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bj your still clueless. Yes bench him perm ha. Its called a change of pave to slow things down and regather confidence. To follow sports do closely you amaze me at your inability to see the big picture. Otherwise known as mental health day or 2 off.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With who though? I don't agree with using that quick a hook but if that's your call..who do you put at that position?
By LUDad
Went down to watch the game yesterday. Yes Locklear should have made those plays but in his defense, on several plays he seemed to simply miscalculate the hop (or lack of) If so, that could be attributed to playing mostly on artificial turf since fall.
By LUDad
Bryant true freshman shortstop, Jimmy Titus, just made three straight errors to help let Arkansas score 5 runs to break open a 6-6 tie in 7th. So Locklear, it's never as bad as it seems. Flush it and play on.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Locklear is a good player and we need him if were gonna do anything this year. Theres different kinds of mistakes and the routine ones kill you like yesterday. Dissappointing that we couldnt get one this weekend from ksu.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Regarding shortstop errors, I think Cal Ripken Jr., still holds the Appalachian League record for most errors by a shortstop. I think he made 56 the year he played at Bluefield. He later won 2 Gold Gloves.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Regarding shortstop errors, I think Cal Ripken Jr., still holds the Appalachian League record for most errors by a shortstop. I think he made 56 the year he played at Bluefield. He later won 2 Gold Gloves.
33 in 62 games according to BRef. Either way, that's a lot of errors.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/regis ... pken001cal
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
But instead of pulling him and benching him permanently coach stuck with him , and after a few years in A and AA, he became an every day player and the rest is history.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]